#1 Vrflyer

Vrflyer

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:aviation,electronic, motorcycle

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:22 AM

I made a post mortem video of the Funtana :)
I use video recorded last summer.

Another video wait to be approve by Google video and I will post other videos regurlarly.
I invite peoples who made complete video to post theres videos in this topic, so all the FPV videos will be accessible here.

Funtana video: http://video.google....817858714442651

Edited by Vrflyer, 21 September 2006 - 06:20 AM.

#2 mklarich

mklarich

RC-Cam Regular

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:34 AM

Nice Video!!! I love seeing someone actually do aerobatics with camera on-board. Most people are still just happy to have the video working. Its getting time to do some real aerobatics while flying from onboard. Throw that in there with a video switch and you got my vote!! I don't what vote that is, but great video !!

Matt Klarich

#3 Mr.RC-Cam

Mr.RC-Cam

RC-Cam Mentor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts
  • Interests:R/C video and photography.

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:38 AM

That was a great video. Too bad the plane is no longer around.
- Thomas

#4 Kilrah

Kilrah

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Interests:Modelling, electronics, computers

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:36 AM

Very nice!

That makes it even more difficult to stay inside watching the bad weather outside though :(
We've finally been granted some sun, but only to accomodate freezing temperatures along with winds that exceed the Vne of my plane :angry:

That must have been a nice plane to fly! Very precise, that's a great advantage. At least you know the plane doesn't do too many things by itself and lets you concentrate on what you want to do.

You seem to be using a pretty wide angle lens. Do you know the actual FOV? I guess at least 90...

That's right it's my problem, I should do more aerobatics. But I just like so much to enjoy the view from up there that I end only flying as smoothly as I can... That will have to change :P

I'll put my video links together :)

#5 Vrflyer

Vrflyer

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:08 AM

Thanks
two lens 105 deg f.o.v.
The sun must be very high in the sky and the blue sky must be limpid, with no humidity,only puffy cloud are allowed to be able to fly with these lens or the sun always appear in the picture and darken the ground, but I nned them to do aerobatic. It's the main reason why I want to control the cam with my head, I will be able to use one cam in the cockpit wth 80 deg. lens and turn my head if the sun is too bright in the picture while doing aerobatic. I think I wil be able to do the same aerobatic, but it will be harder too because I will lost a part of the picture due to dashboard, wing etc. It will be so realistic, I will do everything I could to make it work. Cap 232 is better to put a cam in the cockpit.
Funtana died in a tragic road accident :( it always hard to lost a member of my family, but a younger boy come to life the same week, Easystar have done is first FPV flight and is very promising, but forget aerobatic, this one is for relaxng only, and it so simple to prepare compare to my Funtana.
Kilrah, I will send my MG1101 to you this week.
Another video will be release today, "Festival des couleurs" it has been recorded in autumn 2003 and 2004. It's the most colorfull period of the year, I could not resist to fly my planes there, I lived there few years ago. But I wil never fly a heavy and fast planes over houses again, I was lucky that nothing wrong happens, Easystar will be perfect for this kind of flight. Glow planes will be fly only over field in the future.
I must go to work, perhaps you can find this video by yourself on Google video later.
In the future, I want to go in very small planes, do the same, but always smaller.

Edited by Vrflyer, 14 March 2006 - 11:11 AM.

#6 Vrflyer

Vrflyer

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:43 PM

"Festival des couleurs" is available at this link:
http://video.google....079981530763717

#7 Vrflyer

Vrflyer

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:48 AM

You can view the Aiptek MPVR test video here:
http://video.google....899396954505345

for people who don't know, progressively in the video, you will see more and more video dropout, we want to know it the MPVR will continue to record or crash, it was working well like you can see.

#8 cyber-flyer

cyber-flyer

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:FPV (First Person View) flight of model airplanes and helicopters

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:55 AM

Thanks for posting.

#9 Vrflyer

Vrflyer

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

I made a video with my Easystar, you can view here:
http://video.google....asystar&pl=true

Edited by Vrflyer, 05 April 2006 - 04:58 AM.

#10 Vrflyer

Vrflyer

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:02 PM

This is my first planes, at first, I was using VHS recorder, I transfert these tapes, and add clips taked with my digital camcorder.

http://video.google....242995971908820

For info about the planes:
http://pages.videotr...r/angavion.html
( I know, it misses many photos...)

Attached Thumbnails

• IM000655.JPG

Edited by Vrflyer, 07 April 2006 - 08:38 PM.

#11 Vrflyer

Vrflyer

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:49 PM

Another one.... "The best of my Pizzaz"
http://video.google....1315918&pl=true

#12 Lorphos

Lorphos

RC-Cam Visitor

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Multiplex Easystar AP

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:31 PM

Vrflyer: Fascinating.
I looked at the Easy Star video and it looked like you can pan and tilt the camera with the headset, right? You control the plane's flight with a normal sender in your hands, is that correct?

#13 Vrflyer

Vrflyer

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:43 PM

I looked at the Easy Star video and it looked like you can pan and tilt the camera with the headset, right? You control the plane's flight with a normal sender in your hands, is that correct?

Look carefully again, the cam only move left to right. I use the rudder stick to control the cam movement, It's fast to be use to it.
I'm not sure what you want to say about normal sender, but any standard 4 channel transmiter will do the job, I use Futaba 9C.
I try differents methods few years ago, check here
http://pages.videotr...yer/angcub.html

#14 Vrflyer

Vrflyer

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:07 PM

Here you will see a video from my Cub planes.
http://video.google....194150645963232

In this one, you will see the two first take-off of my Cub, it was not easy :o
and also bad landing with my Pizzaz, and a dead stick with my first planes.
http://video.google....9173794&pl=true

#15 Terry

Terry

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • Interests:Aerial Photography

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:22 PM

Thanks for the 'Bad Days' it's good to be reminded that we ALL have bad days and it can and probably will happen to us at some time.
It happend to me just last week when my Twinstar rolled of the catapult just as it released :(

Terry

#16 fallenangel3k

fallenangel3k

RC-Cam'er

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:35 PM

Hello everyone, I want to add some content, to the category "bad days", it is a short video from my "Micro Showflyer" which got down after rc-problemes occured and the strong wind blew me beyond the field where I want to ditch it down safely...

(although I had pretty luck and the plane was in Air the next day again... it is a very robust construction, thx Graupner...)

Here the link:
Video at google

Or you can download HERE a shorter but higher quality version of it (2,11 MB). This also shows the Quality of my MPEG4-Recorder (resolution is max 320x240, company is Auvisio) together with a Felsweb 2.4G Tx + hongkong-receiver + KX141

Greets,

Marcus

Edited by fallenangel3k, 28 May 2006 - 11:40 PM.

#17 Vrflyer

Vrflyer

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:16 PM

Here is a video take over a beautifull park with an artificial lake. You will see jet of air bubble in the lake, this is waste water, but it's clean and smell nothing, they add oxygen before returning the water in the river.
This videos is lightly different than the one I've post two days ago.
http://video.google....168661172723629

#18 Temporary Insanity

Temporary Insanity

RC-Cam Regular

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:29 PM

Bravo Vrflyer, Bravo! A very sweet video that is a dream to watch because you allow us to really "see" what a pilot sees. This video really points up the advantage to a system like this for all to see!

Best regards,
T.I.
It's temporary...really!

#19 twinturbostang

twinturbostang

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:10 PM

Vrflyer: Great flying! Can you tell me what your video and tx/rx setup is? It looks like you have it mobile to the point of not being "attached" to a ground station. Looks like you have your receiver on a belt clip or in your pocket. I'm curious as to what all the components are in your system.

Thanks,
Brian

#20 Vrflyer

Vrflyer

RC-Cam Mentor

• Trusted Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:37 PM

Thanks T.I.

Brian, you can see on this picture my setup. Simplicity...
The headset is plug in the trainer jack, I modified the jack to let the 9.6V batt (switched) voltage pass through it. (High capacity batt).A bar graph voltmeter fit between my two eyes, also voltage appear on transmiter screen. The Felsweb receiver is inside a metal case that be held by velcro on the side of the headset, it can be oriented up. It allow me to turn myself to kept the antenna in the planes direction. Two video/audio output come from the receiver, the second one is sent to the Aiptek MPVR. I wear it on my pantbelt. The Aiptek is very light and very simple to start, the perfect recorder for me. The headset is "Gyro ready" :) when I receive it, it will be close to plug & play. It's not neccessary for me to turn myself, only if I go far.
next page...

Attached Thumbnails

• AUT_1342__Medium_.JPG

Edited by Vrflyer, 01 June 2006 - 10:52 PM.