Vrflyer

Fpv Videos

408 posts in this topic

causes error on my system too.

Terry

canari.mpg plays for me (Media Player 8) but the aspect ratio is really odd; everything is stretched vertically. But, I was able to watch it. Very interesting hardware you are using!

Try playing it with VLC, you can even adjust aspect ratio.

I did have a few very interesting discussions with the author at the time he made it. That setup is pretty amazing and works well indeed. A bit bulky for my likings though :wacko:

Edited by Kilrah

That is THE video that first got me interested in FPV and head tracking. At first glance, it looks a bit rigged. And yes, definitely bulky. But look carefully and it looks to me like a really good implementation of stuff he had laying around! :)

The video is over a year old now. I'd love to know how far he's progressed with his setup since then.

The video is over a year old now. I'd love to know how far he's progressed with his setup since then.

I asked him some questions yesterday, I will kept you inform

The Formula one car are in Montreal this weekend :)

I think few months ago that it will be cool if I fly my planes over the site few weeks before the race. The race track is accessible the rest of the year. We can go on it with bicycle, roller blades walk etc... even in car, so why not in planes :)

The track is near four kilometers long, I walk on it and take off and land 16 times with my planes to record different parts of the circuits. And I come back another day to film other nice places around. The circuit is located on a beautifull island next to Montreal.

Kilrah offer me to host my videos, so now they will be available in better quality, no compression. You will see a copy of my original.

Here the link to " Survol du circuit F1 de Montréal "

http://www.rc-tech.ch/videos/Clients/F1.wmv

Saturday was one of the most beautifull day since I begin to fly FPV. The sun was there, no wind. I decided to try new fields I discovered while ridding on bicycle.

Saturday was also feast for peoples who live in province of Quebec. Everything was perfect, even birds have come to said me Bonjour !

I made a video you can download here

http://www.rc-tech.ch/videos/Clients/Jour%...de%20R%EAve.wmv

:D stunning video I have been reading this thread and track your other posts.

I have got to try this well done

thanks

:D Your welcome -----regards

again, very good leisure video - once again I felt like you were shooting from inside a real plane. The kind of video of yours that got me into the whole rc-video thing. Very inspiring and instructive. I like your gear. It's so compact and self-contained. Mine is still in the bunch-of-cables -I-don't-know-how-to-cope-with stage.

BTW It would be interresting if you fly between those pine trees or circle around a tree top or around yourself.

Is it possible/safe to fly FPV that low at all? Have you ever tried this?

When I fly my plane, I mostly try to stay as close to me as the plane performance permits, that's where I get the real kick from. I tried to make several low-pass AP shots of me in the field, but failed due to too poor camera / bad lighting conditions. I wonder whether with FPV you can still fly like this or have to increase your safety margin considerably

I just wonder...

and did you record it with Cavalry recorder?

Edited by mieczotronix

Yesterday I took the day off from doing anything involving making money from cameras & LCD screens etc. and got back into why I started playing with them in the first place - a camera on my RC car, but this time I used a 2nd AV receiver and plugged it into my Archos AV500 to record.

In stark comparison to the plane videos, this ones positively hectic!

http://www.haku.co.uk/video/Haku-RC-Doop.avi - 3m 36s, 34mb, 25fps, 320x240, XviD/mp3 avi format

I'm intending to build a GP patch antenna to improve reception and today I received a 2.1mm wideangle lens so there's still more tweaking to be done.

The "operating range" depends pretty much on your experience and how confident you are. At the beginning, you'll be likely to prefer keeping the ground away, but once you get the feeling of the plane you fly, can judge speed and altitude correctly (references like trees help) you can do pretty much what you want, being just free like a bird :)

That's the aspect I especially love in that activity.

Those 2 flight sessions are those I've had the greatest pleasure doing, illustrating exactly that feeling: just forget everything, go for it, fly and enjoy. I don't fly in order to make videos, I do it for the pleasure it gives live, and eventually will make videos of my best moments. Watching them again brings back those memories, I'll watch exactly the same part of the image I was watching at the time, e.g. obstacles to avoid... whereas watching someone else's video will be be pretty neutral, even if enjoyable. That's just experience that's difficult to define and explain... one needs to have a go.

http://www.rctech.ch/videos/TX40/fpv_brume_1200.wmv (66Mb)

http://www.rctech.ch/videos/TX40/Granges_2...2_2005_1300.wmv (50Mb)

That was an awesome experience too:

http://www.rctech.ch/videos/TX40/rc-tech_t...grand.wmv(43Mb)

And how does this behave in low light?

http://www.rctech.ch/videos/TX40/1113_nuit.wmv (24Mb)

One thing to remember is that waves are best received in a cone, that is the closer you fly the lower you can go. Be sure to be near if you want to be very low like in the first video over the canal, and gain altitude if you want to fly farther away. That gives some reserve in case of R/C or video dropouts as well...

Edited by Kilrah

BTW It would be interresting if you fly between those pine trees or circle around a tree top or around yourself.

Is it possible/safe to fly FPV that low at all? Have you ever tried this?

and did you record it with Cavalry recorder?

I love to fly between trees, but I rarely found the good condition to do it. This summer, most of the time, I test new things when I go flying. And also I fly oftenly from new feild.

I tried to fly around me, but it was hard, the circle was big.

I practice a little bit aerobatic flight with the Easystar, but it don't like it very much...

I already film most of the place I have in head, now I will try thing like you say, I begin to be very confortable with the gyro and with the planes, I will make one movie for you :)

I know videos No. 2 and 4. They are among my favourites. BTW I didn't know that was you flying on these videos. Now I recognize the foamy plane.

I've just watched video No. 1 (brume) and it is also great. How early in the morning was that? Great vids

Between around 7:30 and 8:30 ;)

BTW, that's a pretty rare condition here. Haven't seen it again since then, it's really only happening in fall.

I will make one movie for you :)

great! I just can't wait to see it!

BTW, that's a pretty rare condition here. Haven't seen it again since then, it's really only happening in fall.

Ah ok, I ws thinkng that happening oftenly.

Yesterday, the cloud was so low, it would be easy to reach them, one hour later, too late, they have gone :(

The video made at Bromont golf club.

http://www.rc-tech.ch/videos/Clients/Bromont.wmv  (87Mb)

For those who have a lower speed connection, I re-encoded a smaller version:

http://www.rc-tech.ch/videos/Clients/Bromont_800.wmv (29Mb)

BTW, 1200 downlads in less than 3 days, well done ;)

Edited by Kilrah

BTW, 1200 downlads in less than 3 days, well done ;)

Wow, that's a lot.

That's now 2400, 30Gb transferred ;)

BTW, here's a new video too, me flying just in front of where I live (the tall building next to the motorway). I don't like this place, those buildings and the associated networks and multipath give me a hard time. It's good fun when you find THE appropriate RX antenna position though :)

I think that was the first time I tried flying FPV while standing, plus with a different set of goggles I had to test (that was actually the original purpose of the flight. Turned out to give a very nice scenery too!)

Video (26Mb)

Edited by Kilrah

Good video, I should try this, flying next to tall building, it look cool.

You fly oftenly when the sun came down, I'm not able to do that, the I-glasses are too dark, I see nothing on the ground, same thing when it's cloudy. So your google should be brighter than mine.

Cool, have you tried to take off from the roof? You'd get wide area coverage by standing on top of the building.

I guess a helper on the ground can land the plane if there is not enough space on top of the building.