Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 volt

8 posts in this topic

Posted

i was hopeing to buy a 5 volt camera from here in the uk can anyone help ,also has anyone taken the I glasses 3D pro headset apart

Posted

Its cmos but a good picture.

http://www.quasarelectronics.com/c-cam8.htm

If anyone knows of a better one then I would like to know too.

Terry

Posted

Its cmos but a good picture.

Funny.

The very first color camera I had was exactly the same externally. And it also was the worst I've ever had, it was giving a nice red picture as soon as there was some sun out there... another proof you can get very different equipment but with the exact same appearance... :huh:

Posted

Huh..that interesting, I was very impressed with the picture quality from this camera, the only down side is the high contrast you get between the sky and the ground. I use mine pointing down with only a bit of sky at the top and that seems to work ok.

Terry

Posted (edited)

That c-cam8 is absurdly expensive for a CMOS camera, I've been buying CMOS cameras from China eBay sellers for around £13 each including postage.

The cheap CMOS cameras you see on eBay all say they need 9v to 12v input but that's only because they have a 5v regulator in the cable or on the circuitboard.

But if you want a CCD camera to run from 5v there's a couple of options, find a 5v CCD camera such as the Panasonic KX121 or KX131, or get standard 12v CCD camera and a voltage booster to power it from 5v (like the excellent AnyVolt Mini from http://www.dimensionengineering.com )

Edited by Haku

Posted

That c-cam8 is absurdly expensive for a CMOS camera, I've been buying CMOS cameras from China eBay sellers for around £13 each including postage.

Posted

Terry, how does the C-Cam stack up against say, a KX131, in terms of overall image quality?

~Luke

Posted

Hi Luke,

the first 2 of those cameras I got were good but the last one was rubbish, funny as it looked just the same but gave a horrible dark band across the picture when it was pointed at the sky. Stick with the 131 :)

Terry