Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

KX-131 (KPC-S226C) Video Problems

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I recently bought a KX-131 cased camera, and hooked it up to my aircraft. The first day everything looked fine, but when I tried the system out the next day, the only thing that would show up on my screens/monitors/recorders was a blank white screen; as if that was the only thing being sent out by the camera.

Has anyone heard of this or ran into this problem before? I sent an email to the store that i bought it from and I am waiting on a reply. Hopefully warranted against this failure!

Posted

Are you sure it is the camera? Have you tried another video source?

Posted

I actually plugged the camera straight into my TV (bypassed all the wireless tx/rx stuff). I subsequently plugged my Gamecube into the same video port on my TV to make sure it wasn't an issue there.

Posted

I don't have a good feeling about it. Sounds like the board camera needs repair. But, maybe someone else will have a solution for you.

The one thing you should carefully check is the camera voltage, right at the camera itself. The voltage should be very close to 5.0VDC (+/- 0.25V). Lower voltages may cause odd things to occur, higher voltage may damage the camera.

Posted

I seem to remember a issue with mounting screws that could damage the board, maybe this is your problem ?

Terry

Posted

As an update. I took the back of the case off, and indeed there was damage from a screw. I deduced that it could not have been me that damaged the board, since the screws I used couldn't possibly have traveled that far into the case (ie: they aren't physically long enough).

I emailed Vova at rangevideo to see if he would still replace it, but I am not sure this will do any good. He has only my word that I didn't damage the board; and on the internet that usually doesn't go very far.

I'll let you know how things go...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644584

That is the link to the pictures of the damage.

Posted

the track that is brokes is easy to repair,

just solder a thin wire accross it, use a razor blade to remove the soldermask to get access to the copper.

the big part that is broken, I can not really see if it is a capacitor tantal ?

or a ferite bread or a power diode ?

more closeup with better zoom needed for that, they you can repait it,

but how did you brake of that part in the mittle ? of the board ?

Posted

Thomas, detailed photos on the part are on the linked thread. To me it looks like a ferrite. I guess the screw that broke the trace also shorted the 2 pins that look damaged, whick broke the component and maybe other stuff...