Mr.RC-Cam

Telemaster Electro Build

63 posts in this topic

And indeed it works VERY WELL Tim!!! ;)

With the long span between the camera and Tx are you using shielded wire for the video signal?

With the long span between the camera and Tx are you using shielded wire for the video signal?

I use shielded wire from a set of light weight audio/video cables I had sitting around.

Does the shield have to be somehow grounded?

The shielding in this case is just the ground wire. It's basically coax cable. I'm sure you could go one step further and use two conductor wire with a shield around that. In that case, you would want one side of the shield grounded, I think the camera side.

with a shield around that. In that case, you would want one side of the shield grounded, I think the camera side.

A shield should be grounded on both sides to be effective.

The shielding in this case is just the ground wire. It's basically coax cable. I'm sure you could go one step further and use two conductor wire with a shield around that. In that case, you would want one side of the shield grounded, I think the camera side.

I'm going to be a devils advocate here. The shield is best grounded at the transmitter and only at the transmitter. Grounding at both ends would give a good setup for ground loops at these frequencies and those we definitly do not want..

Grounding at both ends would give a good setup for ground loops at these frequencies and those we definitly do not want..

Maybe, but if the TX and the camera do not share a battery I see no problem.

Terry

If you use the shielding as your system ground I dont see a ground loop... only if you also parallel one of the internal conductors with it.

If you use the shielding as your system ground I dont see a ground loop... only if you also parallel one of the internal conductors with it.

I was thinking ground loop reduction. Maybe that isn't a problem here. My shielding is the system ground currently. I think you're right, it would only be a problem if you had a separate shield that isn't acting as the system ground.

do you guys seea big problem in using a telemaster powered with a glow motor? i say because it can fly for longer . is the vivration from the engine too much for this small plane? i was thinking of upgrading to a senior telemaster witha glow engine

do you guys see a big problem in using a telemaster powered with a glow motor?

Other than the hacks to pull out the battery box, rework the motor mount and fuel proof the front, I don't see any issues. If you want to get really fancy, covert it to pylon mount. :)

If you like to build, you might want to consider the Telemaster 40 Kit (can be built for glow or electric). If you like 'em huge, the Senior ARF is a nice model too.