2 replies to this topic

#1 cardinalfan

cardinalfan

RC-Cam Visitor

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

I want to create a UAV of sorts. I watnt to take an rc plane, put a wireless camera on it, and have live video feed. The video feed would go to my laptop. I would like to be able to see the video feed on my laptop, and fly the plane via USB joystick.
I also want to add an autopilot of some kind. Any suggestions on how to do this?
Thanks

#2 Mr.RC-Cam

Mr.RC-Cam

RC-Cam Mentor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts
  • Interests:R/C video and photography.

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:26 AM

That's a big project. I would suggest you comb through the discussions at this site as well as the UAV forum at rcgroups.com.

My opinion is to do the project in phases. Start with a wireless video system and forget the PC, joystick, and autopilot. After you achieve success with each phase, add the next feature, one at a time.
- Thomas

#3 AJ_Scott

AJ_Scott

RC-Cam Visitor

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:41 PM

I want to create a UAV of sorts. I watnt to take an rc plane, put a wireless camera on it, and have live video feed. The video feed would go to my laptop. I would like to be able to see the video feed on my laptop, and fly the plane via USB joystick.
I also want to add an autopilot of some kind. Any suggestions on how to do this?
Thanks

As you have heard it before go at it one step at a time.
http://www.dpcav.com...o...=265&page=1
is an economical pan tilt kit, there are also 2.4 Ghz Tx and Rx modules. I suggest you make a sit in flying station with rudder pedals and a throttle similar to a real world airplane console to free up a joystick for controlling the pan/tilt. A seperate reciever and transmitter for camera control might be a wise idea, the last thing you need in a flight casualty is for you to lock into a view of the aft rear corner of the cockpit.
If I'm not flying, I'm dying....