Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GPS 5hz logger

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm looking for a 5hz GPS logger on 3 axis, any suggest? I need to see the speed when the RC goes UP, DOWN, and LATERAL.

If there is no chance to log these files, is there another solution in real time (with OSD)??

Posted · Report post

Hi, robyr1.

I have test some time ago, with a friend with his airplane RC, the BitRaptor GPS Logger.

This logger works at 4Hz and car works for memmorise all 3axix. For now don't works in real time, but I think will be

develop in a short future.

Take a look at this link http://www.bitraptor.com

Have a nice day.

Italy

Posted · Report post

thanks for your answer, but i think that system is too heavy.

I need a very smaller product because my equipment (camera+tx+battery) can't be over 17gr!

Posted · Report post

Vertical speed = ((altitude at current point) - (altitude at previous point)) / (recording interval)...

As it logs altitude you can find VS.

Posted · Report post

Vertical speed = ((altitude at current point) - (altitude at previous point)) / (recording interval)...

As it logs altitude you can find VS.

thanks a lot, but with a 1hz on a falcon wich flight at 300km/h with 8g of acceleration is not very accurate! VERY HARD to get right data! What's your suggest Kirlah?

Posted (edited) · Report post

What I suggest - get one, strap it on, hope for the best and see what you get. But consumer GPS, be it 1Hz or 5Hz will almost certainly NOT give you accurate readings in those conditions.

We know from testing on fast and agile planes like a funjet flying at 150km/h and able to make tight turns that the common GPS modules will get completely lost after a couple of sharp turns or steep vertical trajectories, reporting positions several hundred meters away from where they really are, even for several seconds after coming back to a normal path.

Edited by Kilrah