Finally got some information back on the Motorola FS-Oncore from a distributor. Here is the e-mail. They also sent some design guides and information about antennas. Not a bad price for a small GPS. Ouch, that eval kit is expensive though...
Thank you for your interest in our products. I've attached our antenna price list. The following is the latest information for the FS Oncore:
1. We are currently taking orders for the FS Oncore module, based on the MG4100 GPS chip, eval kit. The lead time for the kit is stock to 8 weeks.
2. The part number is 10001700 and the price is $750.00.
3. The kit contains one integrated FS Oncore module and extra module for customer integration. Additional units can be ordered for $39.00 each. Please visit our website, www.synergy-gps.com, for a full description of the evaluation kit.
4. Curently, we are shipping the eval kits with autonomous beta firmware without NMEA. Beta firmware with NMEA will be released in June with production scheduled for the end of July, 2004.
5. Customers who buy the eval kits will be able to download firmware upgrades from the Motorola secured site.
6. Prototype FS Oncore modules can be purchased now. Production units will be available at the end of July, 2004.
7. I've attached the FS Oncore brochure and the MG4100 design guide. Please check our website for documetation updates.
8. The budgetary prices for the FS Oncore module are as follows:
Please let me know if you have any questions.
From: Bentz, Jason [mailto:********@********.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 8:36 AM
To: Gina Aspeytia
Subject: FS Oncore Price Quote
I was wondering if you could provide me with pricing information on the Motorola FS Oncore GPS module, and the SA-P1P passive antenna. I am just interested in a couple units for evaluation purposes at the moment.
Edited by geogecko, 12 May 2004 - 03:18 PM.