2 replies to this topic

#1 naz

naz

RC-Cam Visitor

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

Well I followed all the directions, purchased an inexpensive pic burner and BINGO!! Works like a charm!!! (well, I was impressed :) So my question is this, I want the landing lights to turn on sooner. I am working with an actaul gas engine so I set up the carb/throttle servo in exact parallelogram just like I do with my RC heli's. I've got perfect ATV values on both low and high. In trying to "trick" the lights to turn on sooner I changed my servo arm length to get max atv values on my radio (150 high 150 low) but no luck. Of course I also played witht he ATV pins on the board (shorted them out) but that made the problem worse meaning, the lights would not turn back on until I was at idle. Is there anything I can do to the circuit to enable the transistor to go high sooner? (when going from full throttle down towards idle)

Thanks for such an awesome project, my friends love it!

#2 Mr.RC-Cam

Mr.RC-Cam

RC-Cam Mentor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
  • Interests:R/C video and photography.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for the feedback. The setpoints are hard coded into the firmware so there are no adjustments available. A solution is to use a spare channel to control the lights (instead on sharing the throttle).

When sharing the throttle channel, please be sure to observe how it must be used:
1. First you must "Arm" the system. Move the throttle stick to full low stick then give it full up stick (must use FULL deflection of both extremes).
2. Nav-Lights is now armed (until power is removed).
3. If you reduce throttle to below half-stick you should see the landing lights come on.
4. The lights will remain on if you increase the throttle, but full up stick will turn them off.

- Thomas

#3 naz

naz

RC-Cam Visitor

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for the feedback. The setpoints are hard coded into the firmware so there are no adjustments available. A solution is to use a spare channel to control the lights (instead on sharing the throttle).

When sharing the throttle channel, please be sure to observe how it must be used:
1. First you must "Arm" the system. Move the throttle stick to full low stick then give it full up stick (must use FULL deflection of both extremes).
2. Nav-Lights is now armed (until power is removed).
3. If you reduce throttle to below half-stick you should see the landing lights come on.
4. The lights will remain on if you increase the throttle, but full up stick will turn them off.

Thanks for the advice, over the weekend we thought about slaving to the flaps (It's a huge cub). We're going to take it out at dusk and get an idea of how they behave before we make any changes. Also, thanks for the reminder on setting the landing lights once again. That could be part of our problem. Certainly a fun project!