Jump to content

Attention: RC-CAM.com will be closing down August 2021.

The RC-Cam.com forum was the very first online community dedicated to the advancement of wireless video cameras on radio controlled (R/C) models. This is now called "FPV" (First Person View). We are proud of the contributions that our members have made to the FPV hobby.

We've seen significant changes over the last twenty years. Initially there were a lot of eager R/C hobbyist that built their own video systems. Allowing these creative individuals to share their work was the purpose of this site. Now the FPV market is flooded with low cost systems; Sadly DiY FPV video projects are now rarely discussed.

RC-CAM.com (main site and forum) will be closing down August 2021. This is being announced now (March 2021) so that everyone has time to download any information that is important to them. After the site is shutdown the information will no longer be available here.

We appreciate every member's involvement with advancing the FPV hobby. It is indeed sad to say goodbye to all our online friends. Be safe and stay healthy.


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About boris

  • Rank

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Location
    Sydney, Australia
  1. Recommended cable distances Cable Type* Maximum Distance RG59/U 750 ft. RG6/U 1,000 ft. RG11/U 1,500 ft.
  2. Thanks Mr RC-Cam. I gave the pin a tug and it seems to have worked. Thanks also for the link - very hard to find that kind of info. Cheers B.
  3. I recently bought a commercial 8dB patch antenna and it had a faulty connector in that the pin was pushed into the connector. With the cost of postage I doubt is is worth going back to the supplier and I would like to have a go at replacing the connector. Does anyone know where I could get some clear instrutions for installing SMA crimp connectors onto a cable? I had a similar problem when I learned to use F connectors. I couldn't find anything and ended up using trial and error, but I think that is not a good idea in this case! Thanks in anticipation. B.
  4. I've long been a fan of the Viewcast Osprey 100 PCI capture card. I've only ever used it under Windows, however they claim it can be used under Linux, more than one can be used in a system and they supply an sdk. Osprey 100 link. It may be what you are after. Good luck! B.
  5. I've been using my Oracle with a Kiwi time stamp OSD <http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_36_nz/kiwi_osd/kiwi_osd.htm> during testing with no problems. B.
  6. I think developing an innovative product AND getting it to market in a matter of months is an extrordinary effort. Congratulations! b.
  7. Hi All I used my Oracle for a few hours yesterday. Unfortunately, I still don't have some the equipment I ordered to help with testing - additional antennae etc, so what I did was to run for a while with the RSSI unit as a baseline, then swap the antenae to the Oracle without moving them and repeat with the tx travelling over the same path. Viewed on that basis it is difficult to make fine level comparisons but both gave good results with some loss of signal when the tx passed behind trees as viewed from the recievers. It was noticable that the Oracle switched more often than the other unit
  8. Sounds as though time is short. I was hoping to have at least 2 more weekends to come up with some relevant testing. Do you have a timescale in mind? Before I tear my hair out, are you looking at the picture of my box that I posted 28/4 2:02am or the copy of Lupy's picture of his box that I posted 28/4 1:40pm? Cheers B.
  9. I agree this is the best way, and I regret not using your Vid A out and Vid B out for may labels. It was well thought through. Perhaps the pic below will explain what I was on about. Hope I was not being too pedantic. It is just a detail. Cheers B.
  10. Just an idea - for test purposes we could show when switching occurs by deliberately mal - adjusting the brightness. Mark - Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking along the lines of something more controlled and repeatable in the first instance. Cheers B.
  11. As noted above, I recieved my beta 2 unit last Tuesday. First, the tale of the boxes. I had not ordered the specified box in anticipation of the arrival of Oracle. In retrospect, I probably should have, but I was thinking it probably a little environmentally insensitive to bring a cheap plastic box half way round the world by airmail. Ok apart form that I was probably procrastinating, :-) anyway once I had Oracle in my hot little hands, I was too impatient to wait a week for a box, so I went off to the local electronics suppliers looking for boxes. Couldn't find any exact matches, but set
  12. Hi Mr RC-Cam, I received my beta 2 test unit yesterday. Thanks. I'll spend some time on it this coming weekend and let you know how I go! Cheers B.
  13. I believe that water can cause mulit path problems. You might try varying the height of the rx above the water to see if you can reduce it. god luck. B.
  14. Hi all. Great topic. Just want to register my interest if the kits become available. Cheers B.
  • Create New...