Attention: RC-CAM.com will be closing down August 2021.The RC-Cam.com forum was the very first online community dedicated to the advancement of wireless video cameras on radio controlled (R/C) models. This is now called "FPV" (First Person View). We are proud of the contributions that our members have made to the FPV hobby.
We've seen significant changes over the last twenty years. Initially there were a lot of eager R/C hobbyist that built their own video systems. Allowing these creative individuals to share their work was the purpose of this site. Now the FPV market is flooded with low cost systems; Sadly DiY FPV video projects are now rarely discussed.
RC-CAM.com (main site and forum) will be closing down August 2021. This is being announced now (March 2021) so that everyone has time to download any information that is important to them. After the site is shutdown the information will no longer be available here.
We appreciate every member's involvement with advancing the FPV hobby. It is indeed sad to say goodbye to all our online friends. Be safe and stay healthy.
I did the upgrade to 1.13 a while ago -- it just works. I did the Full-Erase option so I had to put back in all parameters, but that wasn't hard. I plan on upping it to 1.14.1 very soon. I would suggest you to write down the standard settings for the Rodeo (I used a Youtube video from someone else) and then once upgraded you go pane by pane and make the appropriate changes in the configurator.
Perfect, thanks. I just received the baro module today, I'll see if it fits on the sides (inserted from below). The new vTx I have put in runs almost as hot as the stock one, but I am thinking it doesn't get that hot on the sides (the top is another ball game, I agree). Another path would be to see if there is any reason why CF does not read the baro compensation every X cycles to recalibrate in flight -- maybe that is too scary to do in the air and I'd still prefer a one-time init while close to ground, true indeed.
Hi. First of all, first post here for me, thanks a lot for sharing such great content RC. I got the Rodeo 150 a couple of weeks ago and you got me hacking on it sooner than I had expected, thanks to your pictures and very well written instructions. So far, I did the Micro minimOSD mod, but also swapped to vTx to another one I had bought before the Rodeo (it is a very tight fit, I had a "high-voltage" version that needed 7.4V and Walkera left a spare pin on the PDB so I used that and now the presumably cleaner regulators on the vTx are powering the camera and the OSD). I am looking at upgrading