Jump to content

Attention: RC-CAM.com will be closing down August 2021.

The RC-Cam.com forum was the very first online community dedicated to the advancement of wireless video cameras on radio controlled (R/C) models. This is now called "FPV" (First Person View). We are proud of the contributions that our members have made to the FPV hobby.

We've seen significant changes over the last twenty years. Initially there were a lot of eager R/C hobbyist that built their own video systems. Allowing these creative individuals to share their work was the purpose of this site. Now the FPV market is flooded with low cost systems; Sadly DiY FPV video projects are now rarely discussed.

RC-CAM.com (main site and forum) will be closing down August 2021. This is being announced now (March 2021) so that everyone has time to download any information that is important to them. After the site is shutdown the information will no longer be available here.

We appreciate every member's involvement with advancing the FPV hobby. It is indeed sad to say goodbye to all our online friends. Be safe and stay healthy.


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About rossmans

  • Rank
    RC-Cam Visitor

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Location
  • Interests
  1. When you find that insurer..let us all know!!
  2. ...quote. BUT this is the rules for the BMFA only, not all modelers or FPV flyers. ...unquote That's true but it will apply to any club OR member with BMFA insurance cover . What about getting your own insurance when you are flying "outside" the BMFA at a place that is not a BMFA insured flying field (i.e. anywhere else)? Insurers talk to each other..sooner or later they will all catch on and when you seek insurance off your own bat they'll think "ah yes..a modeller with video....ching! and you will probably get slapped with a sizeable premium and a whole string of what is covered an
  3. Here you go..if you have not seen this from the BMFA (British Model Flying Association). After consultations with the Civil Aviation Authority and our insurers, the BMFA is happy to confirm that First Person R/C will be a legal and recognised aspect of model flying and as such covered by the BMFA Insurance policy but ONLY where the following conditions are applied: The activity is solely for 'sport and recreation' purposes. Two pilots must take part A buddy box system must be employed The pilot in charge must operate the master transmitter The pilot in charge must not wear the h
  4. As someone who worked in Air Traffic as a Flight Briefing Officer, I had pinned on my office wall a notice for all to see. Flying in itself is not inherently dangerous...it is however..terribly unforgiving of negligence and stupidity! A few aeromodellers I know could well take note of this!!
  5. Just removed BNC video/ power plugs from the cable coming from camera and have left 1 red wire covered in strands of copper wire and one white..the same. Red obviously pos supply. White obviously video feed. Have assumed black is therefor common to both (seeing as only one black wire plugs into camera). This seems to split out to become the copper stranded wires around the white and red wires .Am I right? I have left the plug for the camera plugged into the camera with the wires attached.. I have meanwhile "tinned" the white and red ends and both copper stranded tinned into separate
  6. Why not try the local Model Boat Club if there is one? They usually have an "expert" who could help - also a lot of Boat clubs have web pages/forums where your question would be more than likely be answered quickly... just Google Model Boat Club..dozens there.
  7. Seems the UK British Flying Model Association have had the question of insurance for FVP flying raised. The BMFA Insurers decision will be made in the near future. BMFA have also consulted the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) (sounds ominous!). RCME magazine OCT Page 14 refers.
  8. Great video and a pleasure to see nice steady transmitter stick work!
  9. USEFUL CONNECTORS:If you get the right pin spacing for these plugs/skts ( and there are quite a few types) you'll find the three way sockets fit Futaba and Hitec receivers as well. Off the top I think the pin spacing is 2.54 (Pitch Pin Headers and Sockets). They start at 2 way and go up to 50 ways (!). Most electronic suppliers should stock them. They are slightly smaller than the normal RC plug and socket but non the less useful for quite a number of jobs. Wherever you are, just Google FARNELL. You'll see a page with about every country's flag..just click yours (or nearest) and sear
  10. There are some nice smooth faced glassfibre sheets about now - about 500mm x 350mm from 0.5mm - 1mm - 1.5mm - 2mm - 2.5mm up to 3mm thick that can be used as a mounting board. Not too expensive and should solve a few problems. Easy to drill, lightweight..tough and easy to cut (but wear a mask when doing so) ..GF dust is not the best thing to breathe in!
  11. Expensive. Why not use a modified camera filter (UV) filter/ hood
  12. Not seen the lens but you could always make one.
  13. FARNELL will probably have it. Google them, they have an outfit in the USA. (in fact..world wide).
  • Create New...