I am now using the 459Mhz band for my R/C link. It works well but I am forced to use pre made UHF modules to make the receivers and these are very expensive. I have been looking at the vast amount of chips there are for making NBFM receivers but I can't find any application circuits for UHF. Have any of you amature radio guys know where I may find such a thing ?

I am using my own PLL circuit for demodulating the 465khz but I am stuck for finding a crystal controlled front part to get this. Any ideas ?

Terry

Try searching for "70 cm ham receiver schematics" or variations on that theme. But, keep in mind that ham designs will be bulky -- you are no doubt looking for micro sized stuff.

There are many low cost 434Mhz RF modules and components on the market. Some may be adaptable to 459Mhz. For example, Microchip's rfRXD0420 rx IC will accept 300-450Mhz. Perhaps it can be pushed to 459Mhz.

Thanks for your reply, Ive been but I have been looking for some time. All the ham links seem to be for aerials, power amps or transmitters. If I do find a receiver it is either ready made or made using a module, hams just dont seem to make UHF recievers from scratch !

I have a list of possable chips I could use but I want to find someone that has made a sucessful receiver using one rather than jump in blind.

The main problem is the crystal oscilator, how do you make it small at this frequency.

Terry

Thanks SansGravity but Im looking for a circuit I can build not a module.

Terry