arrio

Artificial Horizon / leveler sensor

I am always surfing the web for interesting sites or articles for UAV's and flight stabilizers. I happened accoss some here: http://www.willow.co.uk/html/oem_compass.html These 3 axis sensor modules appear promising and I wonder why they are not or would not be used. There are other similar modules from other sources as well.

I am not skilled at electronics design and could not begin to incorperate this into a controller. But I can see its apparent value as a leveler.

Just thought I would share this and see if anyone had any comment or thoughts as to the use of these 3 axis modules.

Alfred

Edited by arrio

Hi, Alfred

Did you had a look to the price before your thread ???? :blink:

seems NO !!! :D

Alain

:unsure: I did't see a price on that site. Though I did not look to many other distributors to see if they had a price on the components. I suspected they would be a bit high. But I have no idea. I just thought it was interesting. I did not recall any of the common and UAV flight stabilizers using this rechnology.

What was the advertized price anyway?

Alfred

Edited by arrio

PNI Advertise this item at $730+. Even I can't see the funny side of this price!!!

BTW it's EOL, to be replaced with version 2.6, Do not quote me but I think I noticed a price of $900+.