blkonred

Microphone

I bought one of the black widow systems, using 600mw, and am going to use a 5v system, does anyone know where I can get a mic to use on it? I talked to Bill, and he told me it has to be a "line level" output type to work with the TX.

Any ideas?

Paul

MPJA had some nice small microphone boards a few years back. I used them on a couple small camera systems. I did not see the exact same boards this time, but they do have something that might be usefull. here.:

http://www.mpja.com/directview.asp?product=6098+KT

6098.jpg

They are about $5 each. It is just a little bit larger than what I had earlier.

Perhaps someone else may chime in with an alternative.

Alfred

Cool, I went to buy one, but I see they have a 15$ min order, I am going to look into a voltage regulator too, I am going to use a 4.8v NiMH pack, do you think a regulator is still necessary.

Paul

This is the board you need

I found my old order reciept from MPJA and got the item number for the audio board. Its even cheaper and smaller than the one I first posted. And.... I am not really sure if the other one will work for what you want. This one will for sure.

12288.jpg

Here is the page at MPJA for the audio board.

[http://www.mpja.com/directview.asp?product=12288+ST

I ordered about 5 at the time as they are nice little boards to stash in the electro parts bin. They should give a wireing diagram sheet with the purchase.

Alfred

Edited by arrio

Well, I didn't know if these components were sensitive enough to need an exact regulated power supply.

More Mic questions......both of those listed are over my voltage.......has anyone used the 1st one listed on a 5v system? Do you think the last one 12v would do anything powered up on 5v?

Edited by blkonred

Hi Paul,

I don't know what to tell you. I used it for my application, which was a 9-12 volt system, and it worked great. I don't know if your 5 volts will be enough to push the circuit. You could get it and try it out. If it doesn't work out, you could resell it in one of the forum classifieds or toss it into your parts box for a future project. Either way, its the easiest solution so far, and I'm at a loss for another option.

Alfred

hi, with moving on from the 'toy' CMOS cameras to CCD cameras I lose the audio feature most CMOS cameras have, the MPJA board looks ideal for my needs but their international shipping policy is a little OTT (I'd have to spend a min of $100, what would I do with 33 mics?)

Are there any other cheap mic boards available?

I did eventually find some decent microphone boards in the UK, first some £2.99 ones from Maplins which work fine at voltages from 8v to 12v:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/SEODynamicPages/mo...asp?ModNo=24992

Also there's some more expensive (and larger) mic boards which are better than the Maplins ones and work at 5v to 12v:

http://www.quasarelectronics.com/4037.htm

edit: I just finished installing one of the Maplin audio boards inside a miniature wireless day/night infra-red LED camera, the normal mic amplification on the CMOS board is pretty useless but with the Maplin board it picks up audio very well.

I did have to wrap some tin foil around the 50mW transmitter & audio board to stop audio inteference though, the foil top of a jelly pot (jello to the US crowd) worked perfectly :)

Edited by Haku