Terry

Flight attitude stabilisation and positioning syst

Totally cool. Three gyros and a imaging sensor array are in it. One of you serious heli pilots (hello Cyber-Flyer) has to get that thing and try it out. :)

Looks very interesting. I am going to order it and test it on the same heli (Eolo) that they have on their video. I'll post my results here. Thanks for the info!

PS. You are the first person to call me serious - my wife needs to read this :D

BTW, I searched around and it appears that there will be a "Pro" version out soon. Unlike the three models they offer now (sport, 3D, fixed), the unreleased version supposedly allows you to tweak the stability parameters. I also read that the positioning feature only works up to ~3 meters AGL (the three gyros are on their own after that, or so they say).

This info is all conjecture on my part, as gleaned from comments read at other sites. I did not find any posts from actual users; A real test drive report would be great so if anyone finds one please report the link here.

The description said it works above 3m. If it does what I think it does the position hold should work at higher altitudes as well but be less precise. We'll see. Robbe's shipping fees to US suck but at least I don't have to pay VAT taxes.

Thanks for taking the plunge. Please post a review once you get it in the air.

I wonder if it is MAHI hackable. :)

I look forward to your findings Cyber-Flyer, I hope this will be a step up from the Co-Pilot....

Terry

Hey,

If you need Robbe hardware maybe I can help... There certainly is a way to ship for cheaper... how much do they ask for?

Please stand by, as soon as this thing arrives I plan to give it a comprehensive test on the back of Eolo for FPV flight compatibility. I'll definitely look for some sort of attitude output signals but I am afraid it is all buried in the CPU.

how much do they ask for

50 Euro (but I also ordered two upgrade parts for Eolo).

I've already placed the order. But thanks anyway.

Edited by cyber-flyer

I'll definitely look for some sort of attitude output signals but I am afraid it is all buried in the CPU.

My fingers are crossed. There just might be a "debug" output in there that spews useful serial data. Finding such Easter eggs is half the fun. :)

The video is impressive. I noticed it was a dead calm demo environment; I wonder what 5-8mph wind gusts do to the stability performance of the little e-heli.

We'll see that soon :)

I've showed that thing to a friend and he's buying one, so ... :rolleyes:

For some good reading on the principles behind the light sensor used on this product (and optical mice) do a search on the internet for "optical flow".

Pretty cool stuff.

Bill

http://www.helicommand.com./body_products_....html#ProdProfi

There is additional info on the product, which unfortunately states that it doesn't

work with digital (PCM?) radio.

Robbe still hasn't filled my order. Did anybody get a hold of this device or knows if it is compatible with PCM radios?

Edited by cyber-flyer

Are you referring to that phrase?

Lediglich zum Betrieb mit einfachen (nicht-digitalen) Sendern

ist zur Einstellung des integrierten Mischers zusätzlich das

Displaymodul oder das PC-Anschluss-Set erforderlich.

If yes they mean that if you don't have a computer radio you need an additional module to configure the device.

I don't see about problems with PCM... have no news from my friend yet. I don't think he's received it yet either.

Any news on this yet?

BTW, I heard that Robbe claims the Pro version will hold altitude up to 10 meters AGL. A GPS version is in the works too, but will sell for 3000 Euro.

Kilrah,

Unfortunately I can't read German. I don't remember if there was an English version of the description or if I ran the page through babelfish and interpreted it that way. I take your word that it may be compatible with PCM.

I've canceled my order with Robbe - let me know if your friend likes the unit.

I've canceled my order with Robbe - let me know if your friend likes the unit.

Uugh! I was looking forward to your technical review.

I'll check it, but I'm not sure he's finally ordered it either...

Uugh! I was looking forward to your technical review.

I'd get it if it was available. The release date was pushed out couple of times, not a good sign.

Dose anyone know any more about this yet ?

I was wondering how it compares to the AP-2000i

Terry