• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You will only be able to view in a default 3 or 4 inch window. If you enlarge it say 2 times or worse full screen, video quality deminishes. I use a small Camcorder which records on a DV mini tape. This cannon camcorder allows AV in as well as out. This gives you a better video even a full screen! If you want to email clips then this camcorder has a SD memory slot to take short clips say every 10 seconds which will upload well in short time with high speed broad band ISP. I have the long RCA cables and piggy backs to connect to VCR TV combo so others can watch and guide me at high altitude. No VR FPV just yet though.

I am having problems with my PVR locking up when I get video dropouts.

Based on earlier reports inthis post, I thought I wouldn't have a problem, but I suspect that when Aiptek updated the MPVR to the PVR, they also changed some firmware settings that have an effect on how it handles drop-outs. Other users have reported subtle different functionality as well.

I'm thinking of returning the PVR and buying a MPVR instead. I don't plan on recording directly fromn the device's camera, so the drop from 5MP to 3MP doesn't bother me...Has anyone experienced the same drop out problems?

PVR

MPVR

I am having problems with my PVR locking up when I get video dropouts.

Based on earlier reports inthis post, I thought I wouldn't have a problem, but I suspect that when Aiptek updated the MPVR to the PVR, they also changed some firmware settings that have an effect on how it handles drop-outs. Other users have reported subtle different functionality as well.

I'm thinking of returning the PVR and buying a MPVR instead. I don't plan on recording directly fromn the device's camera, so the drop from 5MP to 3MP doesn't bother me...Has anyone experienced the same drop out problems?

PVR

MPVR

I don't use my MPVR, if you want it still at $50, I repeat my offer

I received the MPVR without the usb cable, so I buy a card reader for $30 to download the SD card. You will received the MPVR without SD card, no usb cable, no cd and I will kept the tripod for my antenna. It come with the battery, charger, transport case( wear on the pant belt). Still work like new.

If other people are interested, you can also e-mail me

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having some brightness issues with my Cavalry clone. Whatever I do I get overexposed video when recording. Unfortunately the brightness/contrast settings only act on the LCD, and not on the actual input signal. Has anyone had the same problem?

I've tried with 2 units to check if it wasn't a fault on one of them, but the result is the same... :(

Hi guys, newbie question... I would like to record from my 2.4 wireless video cam mounted on my plane. Originally thought a USB video capture and my laptop, but that would be alot of unnecessary hassle to lug around.

Ive been reading this thread trying to summarize your experiences on these video recorders... I like the Aiptek PVR (as it has other functions I would use, and a great price) but it seems to have some software related issues regarding video capture from a wireless. An I correct in concluding that the Cavalry is the best overall option, although a slightly lower res that a camcorder device?

Thanks... Jon

Ive been reading this thread trying to summarize your experiences on these video recorders... I like the Aiptek PVR (as it has other functions I would use, and a great price) but it seems to have some software related issues regarding video capture from a wireless. An I correct in concluding that the Cavalry is the best overall option, although a slightly lower res that a camcorder device?

Thanks... Jon

The aiptek MPVR will give a better quality than the Cavalry for around the same price, it work very well.

Thanks VRFlyer... I was curious after reading the post by Rob10000 where he stated "having problems with my PVR locking up when I get video dropouts" since i plan to use with a wireless I was worried Tx problems may make this unit fail.

Maybe Ill buy one anyway since its on sale and give it a try.

Thanks

Thanks... I missed that on the first read through the reply.. I may try and get the MPVR unit.

VRFlyer, do you still have your old one for sale?

Thanks... Jon

I received the MPVR missing some part with it...

Aiptek MPVR, I sold it for $50 + shipping. I received the MPVR without the usb cable, so I buy a card reader for $30 to download the SD card. You will received the MPVR , no usb cable, no cd and I will kept the tripod for my antenna. It come with the battery, charger, transport case( wear on the pant belt).

e-mail me if your are interested

mine is Cavalry - but I guess the brand is not really that important, since all are probably made in the same factory in China, I suppose

read precedent post, you will see some people have problem with over britness with clone of Cavalry.

I was wondering if there was custom software made by each brand as it is the case sometimes (the older RCA Lyra was also sold as Thomson, both had different SW and features, but thankfully could be flashed with the other brand's one :P ).

Of course the hardware has many chances of being the same... costs...

Hello all.

I have come across this thread whilst researching Personal Video Recorders. I am looking to use a pvr with an external feed from a bullet cam for mountain biking. I like the look of the aiptek MPVR because of its low cost and the fact that it will do 640*480. Do those of you who have used the MPVR think that it would be up to to task?

I know it's a bit offtopic but any help would be much appreciated.

Also does anyone know of a good place to get these in the UK? I had a look on ebay but with little luck.

Rgds,

Phil.

Hello all.

I have come across this thread whilst researching Personal Video Recorders. I am looking to use a pvr with an external feed from a bullet cam for mountain biking. I like the look of the aiptek MPVR because of its low cost and the fact that it will do 640*480. Do those of you who have used the MPVR think that it would be up to to task?

I know it's a bit offtopic but any help would be much appreciated.

Also does anyone know of a good place to get these in the UK? I had a look on ebay but with little luck.

Rgds,

Phil.

I think both MPVR & PVR will work great for you. They have no moving part, meaning you will have a perfect video, even after the worst bump.

VR Flyer I just got the MPVR and was wondering if people are using it to record on the ground or are they recording in the plane before it is transmitted to the ground. I have the big electric tiger moth 400 from GWS. It is comparable in size and weight to the airframe you are using. Also if connected in the airplane is there a special connector that I will need to use to connect the MPVR and send the signal to the video TX. Lastly I am trying to order a gyrocontrol from RC-tech and was wondering if they ship to the U.S. I have not been able to bring up a shipping method in the checkout area.

Thanks and great videos

I've just stumbled across this thread while browsing around. I thought I'd share my findings as far as cheap VPRs go. I've got an Audiovox PVR1000 like this - http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-PVR1000-Por...r/dp/B0002DG0MM

It's exactly the same internally as this Mustek PVR-A1, just in a slightly different case - http://www.amazon.com/Mustek-PVRA1-Persona...r/dp/B0002MGZPA

I got a heck of a deal at $49 over a year ago on sale at an online retailer. I can honestly say that it's not worth the normal price they are asking for them. It does record ok, but has problems with droputs, and the quality isnt spectacular. It is very easy to use and pack along to the field though, which is a plus.

I haven't filled up a 512MB card or drained the battery in a single recording session, so that works just fire for me, but then again I've never recorded more than one flight at a time.

I guess my opinion would be, if you have one already, it's a nice alternative to a laptop when you just want to record a quick video, but look elsewhere if you'r looking for quality results.

There's a couple of videos on this page, the last one, SBCam.wmv, was recorded with the little PVR. The glidercam video was recorded with an analog video camera and later captured by a low end TV Tuner in my PC.

http://kluneau.rchomepage.com/AP.html

Now I've got a USB external harware encoded for my laptop that I plan to use soon. It captures at 720x480 at 30FPS. It gives excellent results just trying it out recording DVDs. I can't wait to get it setup and try it out!