lvspark

Fun stuff!

I finally got a good set-up working, and was flying about 1/4 of the time looking through my camcorder view finder. I got worried about the plane, and looked up from the view finder but could not find my plane! :o I quickly went back to looking through the view finder and thank god the signal was good, so i flew it back twards the air strip above me and located it. Wow that was a little scary :D

I ordered some i-glasses LC and can't wait to use them. Full imersion is cool, but having a mono view is much safer IMO so you can keep a visual on the plane.

couple of clips using 330 line ccd with 3mm lense.

http://members.hscis.net/~mamyers/330ccdhigh.wmv

http://members.hscis.net/~mamyers/330ccd1.wmv

Nice videos. The same thing happened to me except that I had let the plane wander out over water when I lost it. Only forcing myself to "stay under the hood" got it back.

How about trying my trick for your next video? Use a marking pen to write your call sign on the back of one of your propeller blades. B)

Full imersion is cool, but having a mono view is much safer IMO so you can keep a visual on the plane.

Yeah, that is why I like the eyetops so much. For people who plan on spending most of their time looking at the plane, they make more sense than the full immersion glasses.

Quick question for you... Are you running your Slowstick stock? I found the airframe vibrated badly at part throttle with the stock motor. I put a PJS500 outrunner on it recently but haven't flown any video yet.

Thanks,

Bill

It is a stock slowstick 300? I am running mini servos, and 2 kokam 7.4v 2 cell packs in parelell. Using a zagi speed controller and a std rx without a case.

You would all hate me if i told you what tx I am using, but hey, I was desperate! :rolleyes:

vid over my house area

vid from the flying field

I flew it from the PD parking lot becase I was getting bored of the same scene.

I asked the cops if it was o.k. and they said sure, then wait, let me check........ they came out of the station a few minutes later with a cell phone and I had to talk to the tower. They were very cool, and after I gave my flight plan, they said they would notify any traffic. hehehe

I'll get some vid from downtown soon. I also did a night flight by the state prison!

frame grabs:

fall.JPG

I have not compressed the rest yet but here is some raw frame grabs.

over the highest building in town

another downtown

night time

prison

It is a stock slowstick 300?

Yes, that was my question....

It is a stock slow stick. There are many models of the slow stick. Mine is the model EPS-300C. I was at work when I replied, and did not memorize the model number.