Yes, that is a great spot. I am suprised at how little traffic there is there at night... Porque no hay carros ni nada pasando ? Sera una zona peligrosa ?

JettPilot

It´s a isolated industrial park, at night the only traffic is the security car :)

Hey Andres,

cool video, who was the co-pilot, you?

It's little scary fly at night, and complete loose the airplane  :huh:

The good thing is the area was well illuminated, and no heavy traffic at 11:30  :)

Have you thought make a formosa vs formosa at night? 

It would be a nice challenge  :D

Saludos a ti e a tu amigo Sergio

Yes, I´m the co-pilot.

We have the night Formosa vs Formosa in mind, but first of all we need to install the leds from our T-Rex in the Formosas :blink:B):ph34r:

post-8-1171023786_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andres

I´ve changed the pic for this one wich is better (not great tough). There are three flashing leds (tail boom) three steady (one each landing strut and one red in the tail), one big white led (inside the canopy), and one landing light I can switch on/flash/off with the tx. The complete system weight 8g and is also a low voltage alarm (the three flash leds become steady when voltage is.... I don´t remind, around 9,5v.

It´s the V2 system of thanhtran (RcGroups username) and it has worked great on the t-rex.

With clear shrink tube in the leds the visibility increases a lot.

This might sound crazy, but we have to try it :P

Hey Andres,

Nice heli, I had a align T-rex too, nice machines, what about a FVP video with a Heli, it would be cool huh ?!

I liked the LEDs around it,and the big bright one at the front !!!

Very neat stuff :)

Bonjour Fred,

Comment allez-vous ?

Nice video, and beautifull airplane

Scary video drop, when you came for landing !!! :huh:

Merci pour partage :)

Edited by wilson

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for your nice reception, and sorry for my very bad english.

Scary video drop? ... Because y come too low?

Fred

Edited by Fred Van_H

Bonjour Fred, je ne t`avais pas reconnu, et bien tu te risque de parler en anglais, il y a plein de gens ici qui utilisent rarement l`anglais, alors tu n`as pas a t`excuser, on va reussir à comprendre.

Salut Denis, quelles sont les nouvelles?

Le Français est donc toléré ici?

J'essaie ( timidement ) d'élargir mon horizon.

ça bouge, ici?

Fred

Edited by Fred Van_H

Bonjour Fred,

Votre anglais est meilleur que les miens, je veux m'excuser par mon Français horrible, ma langue indigène eh portugaise.

J'essaye de faire avec que les personnes se sentent à la maison ici dans le forum

Je ne parle pas Français, mettre Denis peut te aider aura des difficultés avec ton anglais.

J'utilisation dictionnaire pour quelques mots dans Français.

As Denis already said, don't worry you are doing well, and we have people here from all over the world, so not everyone speaks perfect english here, of course the more you use your english, the better it becomes.

When I said about scary video drop, I meant you lost your video( interference) when your plane was close to the ground for landing.

Your landing was very good. :)

Edited by wilson

Bonjour Fred!

Welcome to RC-CAM! Very NICE video!!! I particulary like the moving gauge in your cockpit. Your video truely made me feel like I was inside your plane, it' so real! Nothing was hidden away.... I like that for a change!

John :D

J'essaye de faire avec que les personnes se sentent à la maison ici dans le forum

successfully! :D

When i first post, I thought I would stop quickly, but in fact, I think I willcome here from time to time. Very nice reception, thanks a lot. :P

My landing wasn't very good. I came on a oblique line, and not enought gaz; but it was my first fpv flight with my Fieseler Storch, and my first fpv flight too with my new modifyed radio with joy stick. <_<

It was also my first successfull fpv flight since more than a year of break ( important change in my life ), after two bad trys to come back. :ph34r: ( see: "a un metre près, ça passait". In google video, click on " autres videos de cet utilisateur", you will see some of my others videos).

The little lost of my video didn't scared me, I saw worste for my first steps ;) .

Fred

Thank you, Jhon.

The gauge is a speed indicator. You can see the Pitot pipe under the port wing.

I like to have this indication. Not indispensable with this plane, but with some other, it's not the same. My précédent fpv plane ( 2.5m, 5kg ) had a "too slow" buzzer too. Very efficient: you can turn your head and look around without danger. No need to keep an eye on the speed indicator. When you heard the buzzer screaming in the cockpit, you know you have to push slghtly on the stick.

My next fpv plane will have this device.

John, sometime I forget i'm not on the hard ground ( in french, we said "on the cow's floor" :D ).

The video is very ruined on the net, but I pilote with a TV, ( fed up with the glasses ) and the quality is very good.

I like to see some détails of the plane, frame of window, wing struts, etc, it make me be in the athmosphere. sound is important too: I hear less the jokes of my friends! ( friends, is it the exact word? :lol: )

Fred

Thank you, Jhon.

The gauge is a speed indicator. You can see the Pitot pipe under the port wing.

I like to have this indication. Not indispensable with this plane, but with some other, it's not the same. My précédent fpv plane ( 2.5m, 5kg ) had a "too slow" buzzer too. Very efficient: you can turn your head and look around without danger. No need to keep an eye on the speed indicator. When you heard the buzzer screaming in the cockpit,  you know you have to push slghtly on the stick.

My next fpv plane will have this device.

John, sometime I forget i'm not on the hard ground ( in french, we said "on the cow's floor" :D  ).

The video is very ruined on the net, but I pilote with a TV, ( fed up with the glasses ) and the quality is very good.

I like to see some détails of the plane, frame of window, wing struts, etc, it make me be in the athmosphere. sound is important too: I hear less the jokes of my friends! ( friends, is it the exact word? :lol: )

Fred

Fred,

Yeah I know compressing the video for Google upload makes the video look not so good. But we already can imagine how great the uncompressed original would look.

I understand about showing the window frame, wing struts, etc... It does make one feel like they are inside the plane. Hey if I felt that way, then I know many others who viewed your video will feel the same! Great Job Fred!!!! ;)

Hope to see more videos from you in the future!

John

Edited by JMS

Hello Fred.

Nice videos.

I would like to ask you something about the gauges, did you make yourself the speed gauge?

Have you bougth it?

I would like to have something like it.

Thanks.

Alberto

Hello acristobal

It's really international, here. Great! :P

The speed gauge is based on the "Alti OSD".

It has been modified by a friend of mine with a différencial pressure, and to drive a servo ( is it the good word in english? ) Because I prefer to have the speed on a pointer gauge than numbers on the screen.

My frien ( very good friend! :):) ) made a regular Alti OSD too, ti gaves me altitude and voltage of the video battery.

I just recieved a new device: a "fuel" gauge. For 3 cells lipo ( a very very very gooooooood friend!! ). It has not flown yet.

His website:

http://www.tera-concept.com/

The new site for the concepteur of the altimeter:

http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentvu/altiosd.htm

It's not very expansive

He gone from France to USA, and now, sell it ready to fly ( before, we had to make it ourselves with the plan ) .

I think it is possible to add a speed indication, now ;) .

Abord the flying wing and the Canari, the gauges were made by miself. They are mecanical.

Fred

Edited by Fred Van_H

Fred, I'd also like to welcome you here. You are a true pioneer in this exciting aspect of the hobby!

It was mostly your FPV video with the Canary and your mechanical head tracking that really got me interested in what was possible, and motivated me to assemble my own equipment for FPV flight. I can't tell you how many times I watched this video, and it's still impressive!

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=465...401862118619466

Rob, you can't see that, but my face just turned red! Thank you.

Did you start on Fpv flying?

I'm very blundering with a PC :( , so I never been able to upload and use video movie maker, so there are lot of better videos aboard the Canari you will not see :angry: . Pursuit, touch'n go, etc.

The movie you know has been prepared ( I don't know the exact word ) by a friend in 2005 ,he lives far from me, now.

Jhon, The video aboard the flying wing was my first real, complète FPV flight. In 2004, august the 15. A great day for me! :D you can't imagine how happy I was!

I'd be happy if I could help or encourage someone.

My website ( modestly ):

http://fredvanh.free.fr/

All in french, sorry.

First page, a picture of my next FPV plane ;) it'll be ready for summer, I hope.

Fred

Easy to tost pictures here. Great!

post-8-1172779563_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fred Van_H

WOW Fred!!!!

I could resist but to check out your website; I couldn't beleive your control system! Your camera mount is really neat as well! Looks like you really go all out to simulate realism; from not only visually ( inside plane feel ) but also the way your hands grip the control as well! Amazing!!! :lol::lol::lol: I'm going to tell my friends about your webpage!

Very happy you enjoy it.

You have to click on " lire la suite" to read the complete articles.

I'd like to share ideas and opinions ;) .

It is that way we will progress, I think.

Fred

Very happy to see you here Fred. This forum is much more active than the French forum where I meet you first time. The RC-Cam forum is more for electornic peoples who want to design circuit. You will also find general info on the new forum (Video-piloting,FPV) on rc-group.

http://www.rcgroups.com/video-piloting-fpv-rpv-469/

Wow !!!!

You defenitely have Airplanes !!! :blink:

Very nice models, and man, what beautiful scenario from the top of the hill, I wish I could have something like that around my house. <_<

Au revoir :)