Well, here is a new video, one scary flight did it yesterday. I forgot to disable my mobile bluetooh and I was 1 m close to the receiver patch. That was traduced in some horizontal lines that got harder when the signal turned worse. Besides that, in the first part of the video you will see when the things go bad, all caused by a club´s member turning on his bluetooh besides me too and my spotter that lost the line of sight of my plane and was pointing the antenna wrong. That caused me to lost the image and have to do a blind landing. It costed me 2 hours to find my easystar, but when I founded no damages where found at all.

In the second part of the video, it was the same afternoon and I do a peaceful flight to test my new osd. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.fpvspain.com/videos/scary-flight.avi

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for this very interresting link, Vrflyer! ;) Finalement, on est nombreux et intéressants! :D

Wilson, I loved your dog fight very much!!!! :lol::P:D

... and the sounds are really excitings :lol:

nice video!

Dog fight is one of my final objectifs.

Fred

Edited by Fred Van_H
Well, here is a new video, one scary flight did it yesterday. I forgot to disable my mobile bluetooh and I was 1 m close to the receiver patch.

http://www.fpvspain.com/videos/scary-flight.avi

Yep Waves,

I know how you felt, but you made just what I did.

When I started to have interference on my video, I made a 180 degrees turn to bring the plane back to me, but I lost altitude without notice it, like you did from 50 meters to 14 meters it just make the signal quality worse. :o

Now If I decide to go far with my plane, I never fly lower than 300 feet ( 100 meters). B)

But I am glad you found it. :)

Edited by wilson
Wilson, I loved your dog fight very much!!!! :lol::P:D

... and the sounds are really excitings :lol:

nice video!

Dog fight is one of my final objectifs.

Fred

Hello Fred,

thanks you.

That was very fun flight !!!

By the way you got very nice planes. :)

Yep Waves,

I know how you felt, but you made just what I did.

When I started to have interference on my video, I made a 180 degrees turn to bring the plane back to me, but I lost altitude without notice it, like you did from 50 meters to 14 meters it just make the signal quality worse. :o

Now If I decide to go far with my plane, I never fly lower than 300 feet ( 100 meters). B)

But I am glad you found it. :)

I know the signal got worse, but in that moment I was getting out from a slow turn few meters above ground, my spotter didn´t know were I was and was pointing wrong so nothing could guarantee me that if I regain altitude and speed I would get stronger signal, so I decided to make a slow blind landing, I knew that viewing the video I could find my easystar, so it was a decision of seconds.

I came late on this forum, so I enjoy your videos long time after you all, but better late than never. <_<

I enjoy particularly this one, today.

http://www.twinturbostang.com/rc/Air_Comba...Mbs_480x360.wmv

Very good pursuit, in spite of the fixed camera!! :D:D

Thera are many other videos I can't see, it's a bit frustrating :(

Sergio, as I anderstood, flown 2 Km range? ( page 7 ) :blink: Very good!

Is it with a regular radio TX?

Fred

Edited by Fred Van_H

Hi,

I have finally edited some of my first video! I've got two clips from a Wing Dragon and one from my own design plane.

I have also now got my EasyStar flying but the footage so far isn't great so I'm waiting for some good weather so that I can give it another try (easier said than done in the UK)! I'll post more soon.

Own Design with tight lens, nice hill flight with fog rolling over the hill in the background. I'll be using wider angled lenses in future flights!

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/videos/ca...arltonjan07.wmv

Wing Dragon first attempt, nice day, no aerobatics.

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/videos/WD_35_2.wmv

Wing Dragon with a couple of loops and some camera movement (poor visibility I'm afraid):

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/videos/WD_35_3.wmv

I'd be interested to see what you guys think.

Thanks

Mark

post-8-1173216062_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daytona

John: Yes you were right! I watch it myself every once and a while, and it still puts a smile on my face. A friend of mine is doing FPV flying also now, and we really need to get out to the field at the same time. That would be cool.

BTW, I just replied to your e-mail.

wilson: Yes I do drag race! My last street/strip car had over 600HP :D I have not installed a camera on it yet. But now that I have some cameras and wireless equipment, I definitely have been giving it a lot of thought. Ya know, I could put one of these tiny cameras in some impossible locations for really cool video angles. Like in front of the tires, in the front bumper, angled back at me from the steering wheel or dash, etc. etc. Would be really cool! :)

Edited by twinturbostang

Thanks Brian for the email :) Muchly appreciated once again!!!!!!!

A buddy of mine was watching tv here in Canada ( we share the same tv network with you guys in the U.S.) and he saw a U.S. recruiting ad where a soldier threw & flew an electric plane with a video camera on board (FPV). Has anyone in North America seen this ad?

Anyhow my buddy thought it was wayyy too cool and had mentioned it's the same set up as what we have! Small electric plane, video surveillance camera, etc... Wonder what the military paid for their set up? <_<

Edited by JMS

Fred Van H says:

Beautiful picture and beautiful country.

You rarely use the left/right function . How do you drive it?

Fred, do you mean me or Brian (TwinTurboStang)?

If you meant me (Mark) I use a stick to control the camera movement at present, I do have the Goggles with Gyro in them but I haven't upgraded my controller to a suitable one with buddy port yet. Soon, soon!

Mark

Edited by Daytona

Hi Fred

The planes I am using are all three channel. Motor, Rudder, Elevator.

I've made a very simple camera mount that goes on top of a servo and use the unused fourth channel (left stick side to side) to move the camera. I have a servomax module on that servo to give 180 degree movement.

This works fine for a budget option.

As I mentioned, I do have a headset gyro set-up (where head movement is sensed and, via a wire to the buddy port of the transmitter, camera movement is controlled) - but I've yet to use it. I have been concentrating on seeing how good I could make a budget set-up.

The 'beautiful picture' on the two videos with the Yellow Wing Dragon plane was achieved with a relatively cheap camera/downlink set-up. I am very pleased with the results.

The 'beautiful country' is Yorkshire, England. Glad you like it - We love it!

Cheers

Mark

When I clicked one of the links I definitely heard my pop up blocker kick-in. Despite that, some spam'ish web pages still got loaded. But I retried it and the popups are no longer happening. If there is something more evil going on then please report the problem so that the rc-cam moderator can deal with it.

Well, I come Back to Spain from Argentina.

I had been invited to show the FPV in a great meeting: XIII Aeromodelling Festival Camilo Aldao ( Argentina ).

There was 1500 peoble, 300 models and 270 pilots.

The FPV was present!

Argentina is a country with a big development in Aeromodelling but the FPV is not know.

I called this Flight: "ARGENTINA 1000 MTS ALTITUDE ( 3000 feets) NIGHT"

( I broke the FPV night record??? )

Is the first FPV flight video in Argentina :rolleyes:

Like the majority dont know about this country I will write a short description of the area.

The Festival was in the middle of "THE PAMPAS". It is the land of "the Gaucho" ( a cowboy) where the plain extends thousands of kilometers. Is like a "sea of green" of fertile land. You will see in the video the soybean´s plantations.

The next town closer was 30 Kms! ( 15 miles ). Was summer and the thermal pushed the model to the skies.

I hope you enjoy with this video ( 7 minutes ) from Argentina :D

Sergio00

SERVER 1:

http://www.fileflyer.com/view/GSzsPAa

SERVER 2:

http://www.uploading.com/files/KQ1EAEW7/Ar...night.divx.html

Note: The video need DivX codec :)

argentina5smallvr0.jpg

argentinanight1smalltv8.jpg

argentinanight2smallws1.jpg

Edited by sergio00
  • 1 month later...