I have a project to build a FPV unit to perform farm survey and for pinpointing unwanted animal encroachments.

I need to build a FPV for a ground unit as well that can get to area where the animals are at.

I'm looking for someone who has a working design they are willing to share and has a detailed buy list with vendors and can walk me through the equipment set-up and flight testing.

In exchange for the help when I make the purchases I will order an extra set for the person who is providing the help. This is a great way to get the latest stuff out there. :D

I am looking for a fairly high fidelity unit, gps, able to do autonomous flight

This is a serious offer, I need to complete this by July.

Please contact me via email. Thanks.

Still has one major drawback with the download limit... My download failed because my router crashed, and now I guess I won't be able to download it again today :(

"Bandwidth exceeded" :angry:

I know this quote is from a while back but in case some may not know how to beat the

megaupload/rapidshare type systems. If you have a internet link which you can break and reenable (DSL modem or whatever) AND if you are assigned a dynamic ip then you should be able to relog on and get a new ip addy. You can go ahead and dl again without having to wait for their imposed time limit. These systems log your ip so if it changes you become a different person...heh heh sort of anyway.

Curt

Yeah, unfortunately the trick doesn't work for me, I have a "pseudo-dynamic" IP, in the way it will change sometimes but when the ISP feels like it. If I reboot the modem it usually takes the same one again. Maye if I disconnect it for a few hours, but I don't fancy it ;)

Well it's Victoria Day in Canada so that means a day of no work for a change in my life. So what does a guy do after all the house choirs are done? GO FLYING!:D

Although I did violate the time of day/weather condition to FPV, I still had a fun evening making this little video while I was out on my friends farm . Hope you all enjoy the video! As usual, Youtube compression kind of took a toll on my video quality but still, my DVD version was really enjoyable! ;)

BTW: The missile that was launched at my planes was a Estes C sized engine powered rocket. Never did find it after.... :(

Well it's Victoria Day in Canada so that means a day of no work for a change in my life. So what does a guy do after all the house choirs are done? GO FLYING!:D

Although I did violate the time of day/weather condition to FPV, I still had a fun evening making this little video while I was out on my friends farm . Hope you all enjoy the video! As usual, Youtube compression kind of took a toll on my video quality but still, my DVD version was really enjoyable! ;)

BTW: The missile that was launched at my planes was a Estes C sized engine powered rocket. Never did find it after.... :(

Hi Res version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R5HIXK0R

Edited by JMS

Good song. I like your plane, it's a very nice plane, I like the two motor. Is it the same plane Kilrah use ?

Thanks for the kind words :lol: Means a lot coming from you guys!!!!! I could never achieve this with out your help! Thank you! :) It's not a award winning production but we all had a great time making it! The kids never stopped talking about it since they were all participating in one way or another! Seeing everyone have a great time was rewarding for sure!

Anthony: Yes I knew you would comment on the ending since we did discuss about your Trans-Atlantic telepathy powers on the choice in music! :lol::lol::lol:

Vrflyer, well I'm not sure if my plane is the same as Kilrah's but it's almost the same as Twinturbostang and Crash9. ( Multiplex Twinstar ) It can handle a lot of weight, but tends to travel fairly fast, so I think the Easystar will make better videos because of the slower speed. Then again Denis with your FPV experience, you can make this plane do some awesome video productions no matter what! :D

Great video, thanks !

I like your air speed and slip indicators, very good.

Can you share more details about this set up please ?

Terry

My first video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YBgQwHbAfk

a flight at 500 meters in front of the Channel, between France and Uk in preparation.java script:emoticon(':blink:')

Very nice!, I've never seen such detail in a FPV cockpit!.

So we should talk :)... I had a crazy urge last year to cross the English Channel via FPV. Figured that its 21 miles at its narrowest point, and two FPVers, one in France, one in England, could hand-over 1/2 way.

This means a video system and uplink capable of just over 10 miles is required... shouldn't be too crazy.

Finding a day with zero wind in that part of the world would be a challenge I guess.

I like your air speed and slip indicators, very good.

Hmm, it looks like a simple hand windspeed meter taken apart, with the little turbine in the front. Good idea :)

Nice cockpit, but it takes way too much of the screen for my taste. When I fly I prefer watching the landscape, while it also helps with navigating ;)

Nice cockpit, but it takes way too much of the screen for my taste. When I fly I prefer watching the landscape, while it also helps with navigating

Yes I though just a little higher on the camera would be perfect, no need to see the control stick :P

Still great though !

Terry

Nice indeed! :)

And... here's one of a pretty crazy friend of mine doing a little FPV flight :o

http://www.rc-tech.ch/videos/Divers/180507...h_nexus_fpv.wmv

The story behind is pretty funny. My friend has lost interest in planes quite some time ago, but he loves helis and is pretty experienced with them now. He didn't seem that interested in FPV at first, but then at some point decided he would try. he bought a cheapo and all rusty 2nd hand heli just for that, so it wouldn't be a great loss in case of problems. I took some video equipment, we went to the field, he tested the heli, fixed the fuel tank leaks... ok.

Needed to go back to make a mc24->T12Z buddy cable because finally my friend thought it would be too bad to crash stupidly and thus not have the model anymore for further tests... and there we go.

My friend had never flown FPV ever before, not even on planes. Maybe a few minutes on the sim... Buddy not needed, from takeoff to landing :o

Very nice details on your TwinStar Beachyfrancois, I really think it puts you in the pilot seat. Chrome spinners and exhaust coming out of the nacelles are cool to :) .

Hello Beachyfrancois,

I just checked out your video. WOW! Also sweet looking TS! Makes me feel sad when I look at mine :( I have to respect the details and workmanship you put on your TS!!!

JMS :D

My first video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YBgQwHbAfk

a flight at 500 meters in front of the Channel, between France and Uk in preparation.java script:emoticon(':blink:')

great video!

I liked the instrumentation, too.

It looks similiar to what I proposed in this post

http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?show...st=0entry7888

Is it a similiar model?

Magnifique!

Beau cockpit comme je les aimes, on s'y croirait vraiment. Le Twinstar est vraiment un bel avion.

(Beautifull! Nice cockpit like I love them, it's like if we are there. Twinstar is really a nice plane)

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks for the translations :lol::lol::lol: Helps me out trying to understand French again! I regret having not focusing enough during French class in high school :(

Well I made another video today. This time I tested out my new USB capture unit connected to my laptop. I also tried out AnthonyRC's transmitter and I'm very impressed with the two combination! Kilrah always preached this method of recording and he's right... again :lol: Anyhow I didn't have to adjust brightness, contrast etc. The video simply came out right the first time so I'm not sure if it's because of Anthony's TX or the capture box. But I can't record in other ways... for now; I'm totally hooked on the Kilrah's Method! The raw video comes out in DVD quality and it's already in my hard drive so it's ready for editing on the spot. Also no more dragging a DVD RW with inverter anymore so all I need now is a carry case... that's it! I have to buy next a video amp/spiltter so I will get that one from Kilrah since 1) he's a great guy 2) it's a slick unit ready for my lipo battery 3) support those who support you in getting into this hobby... it's the right thing to do!

Now for Anthony's TX, it's a little bit bigger than my Lawmate but hey, it comes fully equipped with a voltage regulator for my 5 volt KX 131 and he also left some spots at the power IN for us to solder a JST connector. Just in case we have a 12 volt camera to power up. Very clever! Very practical!

So with my Lawmate, I had to buy a volt reg, Anthony's unit is built in, so weight wise it is almost the same. Reception, so far it's the best I've seen (Anthony's) because I had 50% less static this time compared to my last flight with the Lawmate. Some may disagree with me, but this is my personal experience!

We flew almost 2km today (second flight) and equipped with a 8db patch, it was no problem except when I lost sight of the plane when it blended with the clouds and I couldn't aim the antenna properly. We had to rely on the static video and bring the plane back to familiar grounds before I could get visual of it again. Anyhow on that long range flight, I forgot to hit the record button so I won't be showing that one. But will show the first flight as soon as I can compress it enough for Youtube to accept it. I couldn't make the vid come under 100meg tonight and it's getting late, so tomorrow I will post it!

JMS :lol: