Cool :D

Indeed, pushing the record button DOES help. But be careful with that one, in my very early FPV days (3rd-4th flight, with a glow low wing trainer) I suddenly realised that I had forgotten that point and nearly lost the plane trying to start the recording in flight. Meh. And I too lost some cool stuff happening during that flight...

You've been more lucky than I, just spent an hour going to the field, setting up everything cleanly for once, with diversity etc... to have my ESC die on me after 10secs of flight crying.gif

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Magnifique!

Beau cockpit comme je les aimes, on s'y croirait vraiment. Le Twinstar est vraiment un bel avion.

(Beautifull!  Nice cockpit like I love them, it's like if we are there. Twinstar is really a nice plane)

denis, venerable maître, ca me fait très plaisir que cela te plaise, car ta video sur le golf de Bromont m'a fait rever, reelement rever. je suis ancien pilote de planeur , et c'est dans ton film (magnifiquement monté) que j'ai retrouvé ce plaisir de voler, mais autrement.

for Wallaguest1, cam Monacor night/day 1/3'' Exview sensor, TX RX 500mw from Aeropix, 14db patch antenna

Edited by Beachyfrancois

Indeed at those alts it's not that much interesting anymore with our wide angle low res cams. I'd say up to 500m is nice, already allows you to see waaay far enough. There's not enough detail to see anymore anyway. Higher can be interesting when you have a high-res digicam though, makes really nice pics.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Kil.../PICT0815_t.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Kil.../PICT0816_t.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Kil.../PICT0823_t.jpg

Cool :D

Indeed, pushing the record button DOES help. But be careful with that one, in my very early FPV days (3rd-4th flight, with a glow low wing trainer) I suddenly realised that I had forgotten that point and nearly lost the plane trying to start the recording in flight. Meh. And I too lost some cool stuff happening during that flight...

You've been more lucky than I, just spent an hour going to the field, setting up everything cleanly for once, with diversity etc... to have my ESC die on me after 10secs of flight crying.gif

OUCH!!!!! :o Having your ESC die on you after setting up your gear?!?!? Ok now that sucks!

Well I chopped up 75% of my video just so it doesn't bore everyone of the same scene :) . Now contrast or brightness was not tampered with, just the raw thing! Youtube as usual totally darkened my video so I also put a higher format in Megaupload. Still you can't beat the original cut! But I'm still sold on this method of recording and my new transmitter!

Lowres:

Highres: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R7I6ZYD5

JMS ;)

Actually after further investigations it turned out it wasn't the ESC, but the cheap chinese motor...

I managed to make a hybrid out of its rotor and the stator from another one that I couldn't use as is because the axle was on the wrong side and completely stuck in there, and went flying again later :D

Unfortunately a bit less fun because of 20-30kmh wind instead of zero in the morning, but well...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Kil.../P1280475_t.jpg

Nice vid too :)

:-) I did a slight mod to my Camcorder and connected an old RC-receiver to it which runs on my RC-TX channel, so I can start/stop the recording with my Futaba while flying :-)

:-) I did a slight mod to my Camcorder and connected an old RC-receiver to it which runs on my RC-TX channel, so I can start/stop the recording with my Futaba while flying :-)

Hey you should be able to get perfect quality videos with that set up! :lol:

OUCH!!!!! :o Having your ESC die on you after setting up your gear?!?!? Ok now that sucks!

It happens to me to oftenly, it why I made last summer a compact system and redone it with my new goggle cap made last week. I want something simple to operate, few battery to recharge. So I can pick up my planes and minimum equipement with me and fly more oftenly, it's discouraging when it take too long to setup. I prefer also move from different feild the same day.

Yeah I noticed it's your style Vrflyer. Being very compact (like a Japanese Electronic Engineer.) and mobile. I tend to admire your creative method of packing everything with one swipe! That explains your favoritism for omni directional antennas, no fussing around with aiming it to the plane. Everything mounted on your body so you don't have long cables stretching to say.. a table or car hood where the bulky gear is placed. Very nice Denis! I do realize there are still advantages though to the clumsy method so still, it's a matter of choice. :D I'm getting better and better at being more mobile and I still want to pursue your original idea of retransmitting the video signal by wireless source to me. I like the idea of not being attached to my laptop. ;)

Very enjoyable video Wilson! Nice trick flying and the imperfection on the windshield ( dashboard reflection ), well it belongs there because it make the whole thing realistic! Great job!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Very nice video Wilson - looks like the real thing. I'm so very tempted to get an Extra 330 too but I'm trying to put that off until I get everything stabilized. What was the wingspan of your Extra and what kind of power configuration do you use (and how much flight time do you get with it?)

Daniel

Very nice video Wilson - looks like the real thing. I'm so very tempted to get an Extra 330 too but I'm trying to put that off until I get everything stabilized. What was the wingspan of your Extra and what kind of power configuration do you use (and how much flight time do you get with it?)

Daniel

[JMS: Thanks !!! I did everything in a little bit of rush, because it takes hours to do it as it should be done.

Hey Daniel, Thanks !!!! It's nice to see you around here, Your system has been shipped out already, I hope you receive it very soon, keep us posted !!!

My Extra 300E is an electric plane 45" inches 115 centimeters wing spam, about 15-20 minutes of flight time using 11.1v 2200mAh lipo.

It's a great aircraft.

You can find more information about it here. http://www.extremeflightrc.com/

Take care :)

Edited by wilson

Hi, this is actually one of my sadest videoclips, and it's short... :blink:

That day I had only a few minutes of "FPV-excitement", and a lot of work after :unsure:

Edited by Hartwig
Hi, this is actually one of my sadest videoclips, and it's short...  :blink:

That day I had only a few minutes of "FPV-excitement", and a lot of work after  :unsure:

Awwwww what happen Hartwig? It was looking so good! :o I hope the damage wasn't too bad.

Edited by JMS

Dang !!!! What did happen Hartwig ??? Man by the speed your plane came down, I can imagine the demage !!!! :(

I can tell you had an interference for sure, because your camera servo moves very fast downwards, and then you start to dive. :unsure:

Well... I was surprised as well. Actually I think it was more a matter of bad concentration. I was focusing on the field and when I realized that the plane was drifting it was just 2 seconds too late. Otherwise I could have saved it by loop and roll, at least that worked in similar cases before, but at higher altitude.

Since I don't have ailerons installed I find it a little tricky to get it out of hard positions.

So in this case it "landed" on the upper side and smashed all electronics of the video and telemetry stuff, and even the fuselage has burst and a couple of centimeters shorter now. I found the transmitter disassembled even without its shrinkwrap and no cover lid on it anymore :blink:

However, the backup Easystar is downstairs in the cellar waiting to get assembled. So it will take a couple of evenings until I'm up and running again, probably with ailerons ;)