Ouch Hartwig, sounds painful. With the shrink wrap torn out and the tin lid (TX) knocked off, that's a nasty crash. Those TX are pretty robust and still yours got mashed potatoed!

For a moment I thought UFO's had shot down your plane like they did to mine a few weeks ago :lol::lol::lol:

Ok serious now... yeah I would add ailerons too if had a Easystar. It's too bad Multiplex never included it in the first place, it would make sense. Or perhaps it's a marketing strategy; hoping for more accidents and increase production sales. :lol::lol::lol:

So it will take a couple of evenings until I'm up and running again, probably with ailerons ;)

Geeee, sorry about your loss.

Well, to tell you the truth, I put ailerons on my Easystar but I did not like it much, it acts wierd some times, first it was not designed for ailerons, and second the wing tips going upwards fights with the ailerons try to keep the airplane on level.

But one thing I have done on my easystar, I made the rudder bigger, at least twice beigger, and that's for sure is needed.

I still have both ailerons and bigger rudder on my easystar, but most of the time I make turns mixing both, and much more rudder than ailerons.

Happy FPV flight, and keep your eyes on the fish, but never forget about the to look at cat. ;)

Take care

WILSON, you feel weird with your ailerons because those wingtips haveto be plane. To flatten them you must use a source of heat and carefully put them flat.

Geeee, sorry about your loss.

Well, to tell you the truth, I put ailerons on my Easystar but I did not like it much, it acts wierd some times, first it was not designed for ailerons, and second the wing tips going upwards fights with the ailerons try to keep the airplane on level.

But one thing I have done on my easystar, I made the rudder bigger, at least twice beigger, and that's for sure is needed.

I still have both ailerons and bigger rudder on my easystar, but most of the time I make turns mixing both, and much more rudder than ailerons.

Happy FPV flight, and keep your eyes on the fish, but never forget about the to look at cat. ;)

Take care

Hey Wilson, increasing the rudder is a quick and easy solution! Cool... very cool and Wavess I never thought of flattening the wing tips. VRFlyer really likes his ailerons but I don't remember him telling us about flattening the tips, but I'm sure he probably did. I've read a few of your previous post.... you sure know your stuff! ;) So thanks for the valuable TIP! no pun intended....

FWIW, I have 3 different Easystars, 2 I use for fun, and one for my FPV adventures. None of them have ailerons. IMHO, they aren't needed on this airplane. I can do rolling circles with any of them (haven't had the guts to try that FPV yet) I do cut the rudder off at the hinge line and build a new one abour 3 times the original area. The Easystar is a almost perfectly designed 3 channel airplane; I can very finely control mine to the point where I can catch it in my hand instead of landing in the grass more often or not.

I also don't want to have the added amp draw pulling down my ESC. I'm already powering 4 servos, and while I'm sure the pan/tilt servos don't draw alot of power, I'd be afraid 2 more servos to control the ailerons would be pushing my luck. Additionally, in an airplane already overcrowded with wiring, the last thing I want to mess with is more wires.

The Easystar is a great airplane for basic FPV flight. It's cheap, durable, and will teach us alot about the ins and outs of flying FPV. I plan on flying the heck out of mine without ailerons, and when the time comes to fly a plane with ailerons, I'll use a Twinstar.

Here's my latest video from my rudder only Easystar. I don't have the slightest desire for more roll control at all.

Edited by rob10000

WILSON, you feel weird with your ailerons because those wingtips haveto be plane. To flatten them you must use a source of heat and carefully put them flat.

Wavess,

I know the wing tips can be flatten, but the tips work like dihedral wings, and the main purpose is to keep the airplane more stable even in a windy day.

So, for a panoramic flight, it's perfect to have those tips upwards, if the CG is well set, and the airplane is nicely trimmed, just give it some throttle and enjoy de view !!!

But, if the purpose is not panoramic flight, then flattning the wing tips would not be a problem at all. :)

But thanks for sharing the trick Wavess. ;)

BTW where are your FPV videos man? :P

Since the topic is FPV videos here is one...

Saludos !!!

Edited by wilson

FWIW, I have 3 different Easystars, 2 I use for fun, and one for my FPV adventures. None of them have ailerons. IMHO, they aren't needed on this airplane. I can do rolling circles with any of them (haven't had the guts to try that FPV yet) I do cut the rudder off at the hinge line and build a new one abour 3 times the original area. The Easystar is a almost perfectly designed 3 channel airplane; I can very finely control mine to the point where I can catch it in my hand instead of landing in the grass more often or not.

I also don't want to have the added amp draw pulling down my ESC. I'm already powering 4 servos, and while I'm sure the pan/tilt servos don't draw alot of power, I'd be afraid 2 more servos to control the ailerons would be pushing my luck. Additionally, in an airplane already overcrowded with wiring, the last thing I want to mess with is more wires.

The Easystar is a great airplane for basic FPV flight. It's cheap, durable, and will teach us alot about the ins and outs of flying FPV. I plan on flying the heck out of mine without ailerons, and when the time comes to fly a plane with ailerons, I'll use a Twinstar.

Here's my latest video from my rudder only Easystar. I don't have the slightest desire for more roll control at all.

Awww rob, you know you just did to me!?!?! Convice me to buy one now! I was going to buy a glider, but now why? Easystar is one and it has a great history for VP (video piloting). Ok I decided now to put the effort to get one, I know one for sale in the next city where I am. :D

If I run into a problem with my next set up, I hope you guys don't mind if I pick your brains. :D

Edited by JMS

Hey JMS,

I thought you already had one!?

But, you do not have, you will love it !!!

If you have any questions, just ask, If I am not able to give the answer, for sure someone here will do.

Do not forget to share your video with us whenever you make one.

:-)

Hey JMS,

I thought you already had one!?

But, you do not have, you will love it !!!

If you have any questions, just ask, If I am not able to give the answer, for sure someone here will do.

Do not forget to share your video with us whenever you make one.

:-)

Hey Wilson,

I always share my vid to all and so yeah.. I'm ordering the Easystar now as I am typing this (multi task :) ). Thanks for the support I truly appreciate it! :D:D:D

Thanks to you all for your kind words! :rolleyes:

I think VRflyer flattened his Easystar's wings because he likes to fly around obstacles and maneuvers like that. In this case it's more agile. so it really depends on the style you want to fly.

I've seen rudder mods on various pages about Easystar modding, so I think it definitely makes sense, and I would really prefer this to flattening wings and ailerons. For what I want is stability at first and then margin for critical situations. So I will start off with the rudder mod, now.

-AT-Rob10000: I just love your video! :rolleyes:

It makes me really impatient to get my new ES ready to take off again!! :D

I'm looking for ideas how others modified their Easystars to get inspiration, especially on rudders and drive, to provide a good stable basis for FPV flights, even on windy days. (Sorry if I'm going off topics at this point.)

Cheers,

Hartwig

I know the wing tips can be flatten, but the tips work like dihedral wings, and the main purpose is to keep the airplane more stable even in a windy day.

I know this is a video section, but I´m totally desagreed with you. In a windy day, the less dihedral you have, the better it´ll fly. Why acrobatics fly better than trainers in windy days? So if you put ailerons, with those wingtips, it will not fly well, and the turns are going to be a little bit skidding :P

But thanks for sharing the trick Wavess.  ;)

You´re wellcome

BTW where are your FPV videos man?  :P
http://www.fpvspain.com/videos/index.html

Wow flatten the wings tip. No I did not know it was possible. My planes will certainly fly better around obstacles. Last season I cutted the wingtips, a more radical approach... but I did not like the look. With the tips flatten it may look cool.

It don't turn well presently, I was thinking oversize the ailerons, but you have a better solution. Thanks waves.

Beautifull videos everyone.

I like very much the Beachyfrancois planes, it like to be onboard a real plane, exactly my style of plane, your's is more faster than my easytar, but not aggressive as my Cap232, it's look to be a good choice for second step FPV planes.

Wilson

I'm not able to see your video, but I saw one this week on the French forum from Hobby wireless, it's probably the same. absolutly awesome, I was thinking to be the only one ready to try it on aerobatic plane, but everything go so fast, it's not very surprising. I'm curious to see how long someone will try it on Jet turbine plane.

So my turn to post my latest videos. The first of the new season: Live & Let Live

Have a good time.

Google video: http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=525...255627972&hl=fr

Higher resolution: http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=2BCY4XF0

I know this is a video section, but I´m totally desagreed with you. In a windy day, the less dihedral you have, the better it´ll fly. Why acrobatics fly better than trainers in windy days? So if you put ailerons, with those wingtips, it will not fly well, and the turns are going to be a little bit skidding 

Ooooops, you are right Wavess, I don't know why I said it. :blink: What I wanted to say is, with the dihedral wings, you an easy level flight. B)

Hey Denis,

it's nice to see you around.

Yep, I agree things about FPV are going faster, even the planes are not only the slow flyers anymore :lol:

I was woking on my extra to make it ready for aerobatics, I finished the dashboard and everything else. Then a bad weather came, and for days I could not fly it. Few days later I saw the video with your CAP 232 and the dashboard very similar .... except for thepilot arms and legs :lol:

By the way where did you get that picture for your dashboard???

That was a big surprise for me.

What happen to your youtubes videos?

Edited by wilson

Ooooops, you are right Wavess, I don't know why I said it. :blink: What I wanted to say is, with the dihedral wings, you an easy level flight. B)

Hey Denis,

it's nice to see you around.

Yep, I agree things about FPV are going faster, even the planes are not only the slow flyers anymore :lol:

I was woking on my extra to make it ready for aerobatics, I finished the dashboard and everything else. Then a bad weather came, and for days I could not fly it. Few days later I saw the video with your CAP 232 and the dashboard very similar .... except for thepilot arms and legs :lol:

By the way where did you get that picture for your dashboard???

That was a big surprise for me.

What happen to your youtubes videos?

I was stunt too when I saw your dshboard, I tough you was inspired by my dashboard :)

I found a photo of the dashboard of a Cap232 on the internet and I scale it to fit my plane.

The MAAC told me last autumn some of my videos don't give a good exemple like the ones when I fly evidently too high, it can be take against me. Because i work in aviation, knowing by these crazy guys at my local rç club transport Canada say it's an UAV, I removed them to not take any chance to get trouble at my job. These guys lie, they will say anything to destroy my project. I will stand up next time.

I made an error to listen to those peoples. I tried upload again the best one, when I upload them, only a white page appear for an eternity, and the uploading does not work.

Edited by Vrflyer

It's sad you have to go through such a hassle with this Denis! Well at least you see a better direction to travel now so stick to that road, things will be ok :)

Now on a lighter side, here is my video of how I recovered my lost plane. (PICO TWINSTAR) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to send my recon plane up in the air due to harsh winds from the east, but managed to salvage something to make this video entertaining.

Enjoy and sorry for the spelling errors. Kind of rushed it last night.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KAD53T09

JMS

So my turn to post my latest videos. The first of the new season...

BRAVO. really great work.

Edited by 4mla1fn

Wilson, I did not said you yesterday, the first time I saw your video, I was stunt because presently I take my time with my Cap, I fly my Easystar, the life is good. Anyway, why I would rush to my cap, no one will begin to fly an aerobatic planes with goggle this summer for sure...

Then your video appear, I said to me Dawn! who is this guy! Hurry! where is my planes, I must begin practicing and fast, competition is already there :)

I was stunt again when I knew it was you. The world is small !

Nice video rob10000,

Unfortunately in my town most is hard to find someone that flys electrics, I want to find another FPVers to fly together, but they all saying it's against the AMA rules, and I am an AMA member, and if my plan cause any someones property damage AMA will not cover it, and bla-bla-bla-bla.

I use to say yeah, you are totally right, you might loose the control of an easy star and hit a family's house and kill the whole family with it, or even burn the entire neighborhood with the explosion of your easystar !!! <_<

Unbelievable, the AMA can cover the demage caused by a 33% scale gasser plane, but they do not want cover a foamy easystar, just because we are not looking to the airplane, but from it !!! <_<

I understand your problem Denis, next time tell those guys they need to find a real hobby B)

Let's forget about this kind stuff, let's talk about FPV flights.

Here is another FPV fligh in a windy day (last sunday) with my EXTRA 300.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0Y8TS15A

Edited by wilson

Then your video appear, I said to me Dawn! who is this guy! Hurry! where is my planes, I must begin practicing and fast, competition is already there

I was stunt again when I knew it was you. The world is small !

:lol::lol::lol: That was funny :lol::lol::lol:

It's a small world, I wish I could have time to go to Canada and fly together, it would be very fun, and funny.

Maybe one of this days :)

The time will come, when we all will be able to have our own FPV air show in North America, I can not wait for that, when that happens I hope still have some strengh to hold my Transmitter and fly :(

Edited by wilson

Now on a lighter side, here is my video of how I recovered my lost plane. (PICO TWINSTAR) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to send my recon plane up in the air due to harsh winds from the east, but managed to salvage something to make this video entertaining.

Enjoy and sorry for the spelling errors. Kind of rushed it last night.

JMS

Cool video JMS, totally unexpected, and you said you've done in a rush in one night. Oh! I can imagine what you can do if you take your time :)

I like the originality of your video.

Cool video JMS, totally unexpected, and you said you've done in a rush in one night. Oh! I can imagine what you can do if you take your time :)

I like the originality of your video.

Thanks VRFlyer! Yeah I decided to twist in a different direction with this video on how I recovered my Twinstar. Glad U enjoyed it. :D

Heyyyyy Wilson! Thanks man! I had a blast making the video, couldn't do all the things I wanted though but rushed it all in one evening to finish it off. I think watching a few videos here and there is influencing me... or maybe I'm just starting to go crazy?:o

Denis: I think I didn't make myself clear.. I apologize... it's MY BAD ENGLISH not yours. I actually had a 25% of the video made a few nights ago, then added a few scenes and the elf voice last night. So really, it took me much longer to make the video. Still had fun though! I enjoy walking the opposite direction once in a while, makes things more interesting ;)

AGENT "J" :lol:

Edited by JMS

HI

I show you another video that was waiting for edition :)

Was in February 2007

FPV CAMILO ALDAO, Cordoba - ARGENTINA - XIII FESTIVAL DE AEROMODELISMO

camilodiafn1.jpg

Are walks along the fields. Is recorded in 2 diferents days ( friday with few people and saturday with a lot)

The Zlog altimeter on fridays was wrong reset, but on saturday I put it ok.

LINK:

Server 1 ( FAST): http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=168902

Server (Slow): http://www.uploading.com/files/ICD1GD9J/Ca...doDia.divx.html

Note: Need DivX decoder. Is DVD quality :)

I hope you enjoy it

Sergio

Edited by sergio00