After a while without flying FPV, (too busy + glitches from r/c + 1 esc burnt), last sunday I went to my local r/c club and did some testing on av receivers. The first part is a lawmate standard receiver, and the second part is my airwave 634rx, with the pcb I showed in another topic. There is a significant difference in range between both, that´s because a non optimized pcb for the rf signal. There is also another interesting thing here, easystar doesn´t like wind at all, as you can see in the second landing, it´s a plane for soft winds, not able to deal with medium-hard winds. It´s kind of tiring this, so I plan to build a new fpv platform soon.

Also set up the servomax for mode 1, and did work quite better than in mode 2 (I use a knob from my ff9 transmitter).

Prueba receptores con viento.wmv 56mb

Hi friends of FPV flying,

here a relaxing little video from my FPV-Cularis. There are some dropouts due to antenna problems (new ground station with Oracle still needs some wiring) and the sun stands also very deep so the KX-131 had some problems:

Higher resolution on megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NC25P0VZ

Lower resolution on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPPGGHbIh_Y

Here some photos of the plane plus equipment:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.ph...5&postcount=266

I hope it's not a problem to point to the neighbor universe :rolleyes: ...

Greets, Erwin

Edited by helitron

Nice Video Helitron !!!

I enjoied, and what beautiful plane is the Cularis.

Keep doing the good work. ;)

Edited by wilson

I just put together an old vid I had sitting in my hard drive but this time I used Blender animation to add a new intro to my video. It's not my creation but I managed to hack it to my settings. I also used picture in picture for the first time, I like it!

Here it is. :lol:

Cool video Andy! You know 99.9% of us are not as lucky as you! I never have the fire department with their equipment standing around my corner :lol::lol: What luck!

Hey we should have a new thread started here.... SHOW US YOUR CRASHES! I have 2 to show off myself :lol:

Yeah why not would be quite funny :)

Yes I was lucky indeed! And they were very

friendly and kind. It was a funny day!

Geko

Edited by GekoCH

I actually made out to the flying field today... FINALLY! A DAY of NO WORK!!! On this flight I was testing out my cheesy lens hood which turned out not much use oh well.... So anyhow went over to a MAAC field and funny thing, everyone dropped their radios and planes. They all crowed around me and were fascinated by my gear... and my FPV mobile! So I never even flew but my buddy/teacher did all the flying and I spent the afternoon talking and educating the fascinated members on FPV. I mentioned how simple it is to obtain the equipment and how easy it was to set it all up. The second flight I fail to hit record on my laptop because the sun light was all over my LCD screen and I couldn't see the mouse cursor. Anyhow I thought I hit record but didn't and it would of been the flight with head tracking and everyone taking turns looking through the video goggles... then giggling

Over all it was a relaxing and nice afternoon. We had a tea time break in between where we walked over to Morgan's house (next to his field) and his wife had laid out English tea with biscuit on the longgg table for all of us to enjoy under a tree (talk about great hospitality!). Then after the tea time break.... it was time to break out the radios and do some serious flying!!!

post-8-1190611120_thumb.jpg

Beachyfrancois,

Your videos are great. I really like how the motornacelles appear as you pan the camera.

Could you please tell me more about your set up, especially the head tracker? Is it your own design or is it comercial?

Flutter... Kilrah is the father of RC head tracking on this forum. Actually it was here last year when the progress of how it was developed began. You can buy them from his shop. www.rc-tech.ch (Switzerland) He's a really super guy (Andre) and great to do business with! (trustworthy, patient, generous with help etc.) You might also notice here that he is endlessly helping all of us with his knowledge on FPV. Talk to him :D I had a great experience from him personally!

Edited by JMS

Hi!

I'm a new FPV user in this forum and I'm very impressed!!:lol:

Congratulations for your videos!

I live in switzerland (Ticino) and there are fantastics places to fly!! The weather is very good and trees colors are beautiful!!

I fly on a Arcus (Robbe) with the TX40 mini by the famous www.rc-tech.ch

One video here:

Regards

Touch

Hi!

I'm a new FPV user in this forum and I'm very impressed!!:lol:

Congratulations for your videos!

I live in switzerland (Ticino) and there are fantastics places to fly!! The weather is very good and trees colors are beautiful!!

I fly on a Arcus (Robbe) with the TX40 mini by the famous www.rc-tech.ch

One video here:

Regards

Touch

Welcome onboard Touch! And what a spectacular video you have produced! I really like the wide screen effect with the black stripe on top and bottom, kind of made feel I was in a movie theater! :D

Thanks for that video JMS - what a great flying field you have there. I look forward to the next video (with a much wider lens hood!).

Thanks for that video JMS - what a great flying field you have there. I look forward to the next video (with a much wider lens hood!).

Hey Doofer!

Yeah I decided to throw away that lens hood and tilted my camera higher. Thought I had wayyy too much view of the nose there. I also gave my Easystar some Ex Lax so she can flush out some unneeded weight. Trying to make room for more gear!

As for the flying field, yes it is a very-very nice place to fly! The flying club there also provided tea and fresh baked pastries during a fly break for all of us to enjoy and exchange RC stories! Very nice place, Very nice group of people!!!!

Oh... the hood idea was sparked from your past discussion on the many experiments you have done. I'm still trying to catch up to you!!!! :D

Scott:

Hey nice video! Glad you finally started posting some stuff!!!! I recently found that Vimeo allows you to upload higher video resolution on their server. Here is Roberto of Italy... he's the one with no shoes on and yes he is one of us... a FPVer. http://vimeo.com/357520

Also check out his Easystar with the KX131 and headtracker.. Does some of the best flying I've ever seen with a talent for video editing!!!!(Happy Hour and Birds Eye View)

Hi Guys -

Scott inspired me to post my first effort. I only have a couple of FPV Flights under my belt but this was the first time I managed to get my Camcorder working to record anything.

The Large / Compressed files are compilation of a couple of flights on Saturday (a bit cheesy but it had to be 'Top Gun' soundtrack for the first!!) - the small file was a close encounter on a later flight.

I was flying at the local Club which is very restricted for space. I hope that as my confidence and equipment develops - I can find somewhere to fly at greater ranges!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=64HJB0X4 Large Uncompressed Video 1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6LA8KLAT Medium Compressed Video 1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TJLNZT18 Small - 'Bogey at 10 O'Clock' Video 2

For info - have been posting my progress with FPV here:- http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2241

Regards,

Phil T

Here's my latest one, some low - and high - flying. Great fun. Everything that makes FPV so cool for me is there :)

Download (87Mb, right-click, save as)

Here's my latest one, some low - and high - flying. Great fun. Everything that makes FPV so cool for me is there :)

Download (87Mb, right-click, save as)

Hello Kilrah,

What camera where you using in your last video?

Rick