I got two more videos, these from my new plane. There's no panning, the camera was just strapped on to figure out a good loaction for the best view. Now that that's all worked out, I can get the pan servo set up on this one. :)

Vidoes are here:

http://kluneau.rchomepage.com/movies/ul1.wmv

http://kluneau.rchomepage.com/movies/ul2.wmv

The whole list is here:

http://kluneau.rchomepage.com/AP.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a bit different style FPV video for you guys. Instead of just flying around doing FPV, there was a specific goal. It was recorded for an Aerial Video contest on rcgroups. The theme was... "air to air". :)

http://www.twinturbostang.com/rc/Air_Comba...Mbs_480x360.wmv 37MB

Making this video was A WHOLE LOT OF FUN. I shot this from my trusty old E-Starter. The target plane was my buddy's Ultrafly SU-27. Boy, I didn't know it would be so hard to acquire and track targets via FPV. But it sure was. I currently do not have camera pan enabled due to only a 4 ch. receiver in the plane at the moment. Being able to pan the camera would have made it easier to find, or maintain target lock. The camera FOV is somewhere around 90-100 degrees, so that meant I had to be right on his bumper to get a decent image of his plane. And to make matters worse, the flight envelopes of the two planes just barely overlapped. He had to fly super slow, just above stall, just so my E-Starter at full throttle could keep up! :)

But in any event, we got some great footage, had a great time flying, and put together a pretty cool video (I think so anyway! :) )

BTW, a couple of the super low passes at the beginning were done via normal line-of-sight flying. But all of the air to air shots were done via FPV.

I saw that contest, I'm pretty sure I can follow a planes and kept it in my vision sight. The Easystar is not up to the task, but with an electric cap232, no problem, I will stick to his ask. Check me in few months, I will have

one:)

I saw your video and I tried the same thing with a fix camera. The other planes was flying around me, I was not able to kept it in my view. In a combat I would died in few seconds.

But with the gyro and practicing you will do this video with ease, beleive me.

Good music and good video quality.

Thanks guys. It's definitely not easy with the current setup. But with camera pan, and lots more power, it should be much easier.

I have an Ultrafly Extra 300 that I would like to put my video gear on. It is MUCH faster than my E-Starter. So that would really help for air to air target acquisition. It would also be a lot of fun to do aerial aerobatic videos, like Kilrah has done with his Katana. Got some work to do to get it ready for that though.

Edited by twinturbostang
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally come the moment to post my FPV VIDEO HIGH RESOLUTION DVD

Is the aftternoon in my club ( FENIX.com) in the south of Spain. the flight is 100% FPV, seated en my chair by my car. An ideal day for FPV.

VIDEO 180 Megas

You will ned DivX codec intalled to see the video- ( www.divx.com

Download the Video here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DI427LGJ

Put the AUDIO VOLUME as HIGH AS POSSIBLE, to listen the "wind" music.

Coming soon I will put edited videos lighter.

Airplane model: Easystar de Multiplex

Engine: Brushless AXI 2208/20

Prop: 6x4

Cámera: 480 lineas CCD PAL

Lens: 2.8mm ( black corners becouse of the wide angle)

TX: 1000mW BlackwindowAv

Antenna TX. standart blackwindowAV 3 DBi.

Antenna RX: 9Dbi Rubber Duck, omnidiretional

Main Battery ( engine / BEC): LiPo 3S 1200mA ( 11.1V) of 15C

Secondary Battery ( Tx / Cámara / Mic ) : 3S Lipo 800 mA

Radio r/c: Graupner MC-19

Reciver: SMC 20 DS ( es SPCM de 10 channels)

Siren in Fail - Safe / swich: Home Made

Video Recorder: Sony VRD-MC1

Disc: DVD+RW

I hope you enjoy it :lol:

Denis / Kilrah : You are our FPV inspiration :P

Sergio

t_haciendo_un_360_482.jpg

t_pista_291.jpg

t_yo_fpv_227.jpg

Edited by sergio00

Amazing!

I really need to fall into some money in order for this to work out for me. It looked like there was almost NO wind that day... Is that true?

Thanks for posting your setup too! Very helpful in comparisons for determining what to buy.

J. R.

Truely AWSOME!!!!! WELL DONE>>BRAVO!!!

I'm new to this FPV and I've watched your progress for a while. VRFlyer, Kilrah, and now you have really given me more inspiration!

BTW is that the same Sony camera you demostrated earlier while filming the scenery outside your belcony?

Thank you for sharing your video to all of us!

John

Wow Wow Wow beautifull, never seen such quality. You make me jalous, are you satisfy now :) You have a perfect spot to fly, don't look to have many people around, not a bird, not even wind, only you, your planes and a perfect moment recorded for ever :) Your videos is the future of aerial video in quality. Congratulation.

Oh also you look like a girl who do a streap-tease, you remove your cloth partially, but stop before you show too much :)

Edited by Vrflyer

Very interesting website you have found Sergio, I will be able to upload my video there in full quality without copression like Google or Youtube, Great!

Here you can download my video Canadian Autumn without any compression, you will still see some compression in it. Sergio video have better quality, but everything is brown :( Is it always like that there? (I think not)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IJ37PISR

Edited by Vrflyer

Funny comment regarding the stip-tease part Denise! My wife and I thought you have a cute sense of humor. BTW I've seen that clip before and I have to admit, all of your videos have great feelings into it and that what makes you so famous internationally. You are a electronic wiz, a pro flyer and a artist....with a funny sence of humor!

Sergio ... I have to know what kind of camera you are using, I could see all the styrofoam markings on your wings... NOW THAT IS A CLEAR PICTURE!!

John

Very interesting website you have found Sergio, I will be able to upload my video there in full quality without copression like Google or Youtube, Great!

Here you can download my video Canadian Autumn without any compression, you will still see some compression in it. Sergio video have better quality, but everything is brown :( Is it always like that there? (I think not)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IJ37PISR

Another site to uptoload our videos:

www.f-forge.com

Congrats Sergio

Very interesting website you have found Sergio

Still has one major drawback with the download limit... My download failed because my router crashed, and now I guess I won't be able to download it again today :(

"Bandwidth exceeded" :angry:

1)

JMS: "BTW is that the same Sony camera you demostrated earlier while filming the scenery outside your belcony"

2)

Denis: "Oh also you look like a girl who do a streap-tease, you remove your cloth partially, but stop before you show too much"

R:

1) Yes, is the same cam board mount. The cam hasn´t any special, I think that the most important is the DVD recorder. I tested in my TV another cam with CS mount and 520 Lines ( KT&C ) an this last has a little more contrast than 480 lineas cam. I think that is very important the Lens Quality. CS better than board mount, but each CS lens has 60 gr weight ( full metal ). ( 80gr cam+ 60gr Cs lens = 140gr :( )

I think that with a highest sun ( 12 am) should give more color contrast.

2) Denis, I only wanted to be a mistic pilot seemed "Darth Sidious" not a streeper :D

3_1163589740.jpg_689.jpg

In my TV 28" the video look "perfect" like a movie. Is good to have a DVD format

like memories. I advice you the DVD portable recorder Sony VRD-MC1. Is very easy to use: One button rec ,one button stop and, is really cheap ( 100 to 190 u$S ebay).

I am happy that you enjoy with my video. Denis, your country is beautiful, increible lake, like Suisserland of Kilrah :) Denis Your vidos are the best!!

Other theme. The FAIL-SAFE siren and a Audio mic is very good combination. If you flight far, you can listen the "bip -bip" warning if you lose r/c signal.

best Regards

Sergio

Edited by sergio00
"air to air".

oh...my...goodness! just found this thread. awesome video!!! now we need servo-activated micro paintball guns. :huh: okay, maybe not. but we could do some kind of laser/IR emitter/detector combination.

Edited by 4mla1fn

Yeah maybe take apart a laser tag set up from the toy department @ Walmart and install the receiver at the rear of the plane or car and the laser emitting end at the front with the speaker. Perhaps when you get shot your mic might pick up the digital noise, informing you that you got hit??????? Just a crazy thought.

Yeah maybe take apart a laser tag set up from the toy department @ Walmart and install the receiver at the rear of the plane or car and the laser emitting end at the front with the speaker. Perhaps when you get shot your mic might pick up the digital noise, informing you that you got hit??????? Just a crazy thought.

Someone just needs to hack the sonic combat modules from Hobbyzone. ;)

-AT-Sergio00: I finally got to download your video and I must say the quality is amazing, excellent work. I have to say though, your country side looks as dry (read brown) as where I live hear in Australia. It does look like you have a great flying field though.

Thanks again for the video. :D

Well, I have a new super production :P

7 minutes of pure and hard FPV. This video was edited from diferents days and hours.

The seTup is the same of my last post.

HIGHT QUALITY ( DVD ) 204megas: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6BBZEU9L

MEDIUM QUALITY 94 megas: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E2HMTV12

I hope you enjoy It.

Sergio

t_altaaltittud_447.jpg

t_criadero_324.jpg

Edited by sergio00