Attention: RC-CAM.com will be closing down August 2021.

The RC-Cam.com forum was the very first online community dedicated to the advancement of wireless video cameras on radio controlled (R/C) models. This is now called "FPV" (First Person View). We are proud of the contributions that our members have made to the FPV hobby.

We've seen significant changes over the last twenty years. Initially there were a lot of eager R/C hobbyist that built their own video systems. Allowing these creative individuals to share their work was the purpose of this site. Now the FPV market is flooded with low cost systems; Sadly DiY FPV video projects are now rarely discussed.

RC-CAM.com (main site and forum) will be closing down August 2021. This is being announced now (March 2021) so that everyone has time to download any information that is important to them. After the site is shutdown the information will no longer be available here.

We appreciate every member's involvement with advancing the FPV hobby. It is indeed sad to say goodbye to all our online friends. Be safe and stay healthy.

http://img1.exs.cx/easystar_test1.wmv

EasyStar video, somewhat unedited so you will see video interference when I fly out of range. I am using rc-tech's PAL 5V, 10mw video camera with integrated TX. The video recording is done with Sony DVD writer VRD-MC1 (same as Sergio's). So far thats the best quality I got when video signal is strong.

The parking lot before is where the 8 db antenna was (on tripod).

-Jack

nve00001zw1.th.png

nve00002fw8.th.png

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Magnito, congratulations for the pourchase!

To mantein the best quality when you compress the video to DivX, I advice you:

Use the free DivX converter ( www.divx.com)

Config the DivX setup like my picture:

A) Put "High Definition profile"

Resolution: 720x544, This resolution is the same than the DVD source, so you mantein the size of the original DVD.

B)Put a Bitrate "6000"( DVD has 9000, but 6000 is the max quality abailable in DivX).

When you finish the converter, The estimated file size will be less than the program show, try it.

C)If you want edit yours DVD videos, I use the AVS Video Media Editor. I put the music , etcetc, and export the video like DVD format ( .VOB). Then use the DivX converter to transform the Edited DVD to DIvX.

I tested the Nero express, sony editor, etc, and the best quality was with the AVS.

D) My medium quality videos are in 480X368 and 2000 bitrate. ( you can see mi High and medium quality in my last post)

Regards

Sergio

post-8-1164386219_thumb.jpg

Edited by sergio00

Hallo,

inspired by the Videos of Denis in September, I had two months of busy thinking, trying, soldering and building....

Finally my own Easystar FPV is ready...

On saturday I made my first fully video controlled flight...

The first Video on Youtube:

Ok, bad qualitiy because of bad camera and compression, but work is in progress...

My Plane is equipped as follows:

Easystar, standard-motor, 3s1350 Lipo

Camera: Mod. CMOS with 3,6mm lense, seems no IR-Filter present...

TX: Conrad 10mW 2,4GHz

Movement with 2 microservos, horizontal one equipped with an expander-uC for 180 deg.

On the Ground:

IR-based head-tracker with adaptor for MC12 Transmitter.

Glasses for flying, video-receiver with simple wire antenna.

Recording with Camcorder and Receiver with patch antenna.

Marc

Finally got to watch Sergio's videos, you definitely have a nice flying field! The camera is very good too!

On my side I hadn't been flying for a long time, but as I finally got to finish mounting my new Zoomzoom I've taken it for a little night flight yesterday... My second one, the first one being a year ago... Much more planned and enjoyed this time! I guess I won't bother moaning about early nights in winter anymore, night flying does the job too :P

The drawback is the cold <_<

Video (28Mb)

I've taken it for a little night flight yesterday...

amazing kilrah. i don't know how you keep your bearings up there. it's one thing to have all those landmarks in the day, but at night, it's just a bunch of white dots and streets. guess you just really know your area. very cool. what's a "zoomzoom"?

Edited by 4mla1fn

Here's one:

http://www.rcdesign.ru/var/rcd/storage/ima...-RU/foto111.jpg

It's not that hard. Straight lines are very good references, during the day too. The main difference is that you don't see anything between them at night, so when at some point you don't have anything in the view for some time you're very likely to end in a weird position. Anyway it's always the same, when you know wat you're doing... If you keep at least one known point in the view it's OK.

And yes, it was again a lot of fun :D

• 2 weeks later...

You are our inspiration :D

My buddy have just maiden in night fpv flying :blink:

I had had an accident that morning (my first fpv, glitches suchs) so I couldn´t follow him. The place is perfect for night flying, lights all around in the skyline, different streets, grass to land and no people around because it´s an industrial park

He recorded it, but now we have too much work editing, TOO MANY VIDEOS!!! :lol::lol:

Edited by Andres

Nice! :D

TOO MANY VIDEOS!!!

Tell me about that! Well, for once with the rare flights I got to do this year it's not too much of an issue :(

Just got 3 hours of video flying over the clouds and alps in a full-size aircraft on Sunday to edit, beautiful footage :D

Thanks! Well, a CCD camera won't give you "horizontal lines" but will rather "strobe" the prop. A CMOS will give you some blurry horizontal lines.

Here it's something different. CCD cameras adapt themselves to light by changing exposure time. During the day, as these board cameras have no iris the only way they have to expose the image correctly is to use a very short exposure time. As it basically takes instant shots, the prop will be nice and sharp on each frame.

In low light to keep a correct image the camera will use a much longer exposure time (up to 1/50th of a second usually). During the time a frame is shot the prop will have the time to turn, so it won't be a sharp shape anymore but it will just give a light disc that corresponds to the average of when the prop is here and when it isn't.

Well, another one from Spain :P

This is the best of three flights in two different places with two different lenses, but only have a few seconds of the 2,1mm lense because that was a very windy day with low sun :angry:

The other part with the 3,6mm lense was a day with less wind, but at least 15-20 km/h. I still have not flown FPV with no wind, you can´t imagine how much I need a calm day :lol::lol:

I hope you enjoy it! :)

"High" resolution---> 170 MB

Low resolution------> 70 MB

Please let me know if both links work, it´s my first attempt :unsure: edit: checked, both ok

Andres

Edited by Andres
  • 2 weeks later...
Vrflyer, do you have a higher quality wmv or avi of this great video?

TrackR1 Headtracker for video headset

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=48...153024380019083

here: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/355003/danci...oard_my_planes/

I think you can download the full version from Metacafe, can you try it and confirm me if it work or not.

Thank

Thank you, I downladed the metacafe software and your video then downloaded easily, 66mb wmv, the software also downloaded a load of clips I didn't want (probably clips just to 'get me started').

Unfortunately the wmv doesn't play very well on my AV500, audio cuts out and plays slow and skips every so often, so I'm going to have to find a converter, I loathe wmv which is why I try and avoid it as much as possible.

Thank you, I downladed the metacafe software and your video then downloaded easily, 66mb wmv, the software also downloaded a load of clips I didn't want (probably clips just to 'get me started').

Unfortunately the wmv doesn't play very well on my AV500, audio cuts out and plays slow and skips every so often, so I'm going to have to find a converter, I loathe wmv which is why I try and avoid it as much as possible.

To download from my computer to my Archos, I need absolutly Windows media players 10, then it will convert the files to my Archos.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed that video.

Tell me, on the Formosa, you fly rudder, ailerons and elevator? How do you pan the camera back and forth? Do you have a switch to toggle between rudder and panning the cam?

Spain looks like a great place to fly year round, not too cold in the winter . . . :)

INCREIBLE VIDEO ANDRES!!! :o:o

The FISRT FPV Video flying in perfect formation that I saw. And the first video with 2 FPVs ath the same time.

I like FPVs Scuadroms so much

When will be the first NORTH American FPV meeting?? It would be nice.

THANKS!!

Edited by sergio00