THANKS!

I use to edit the "AVS video Editor 3.3" that i pourchased online ( cheap ). I like it becouse it mantein the DVD quality in the edit process. I attach the google earth pictures with this sofware. You can put zoom out/in effect for excample. To take pictures from the video,, I use the Nero visio express, and them attatch this pictures ( 4example when i show the club ) with the AVS editor.

Nice and easy software.

I had to put the patch antenna more vertical, becouse i had good signal on the back ( hi altittude ) and bad signal in long range ( 2 kms ). To the nex test I will put it almost vertical,,, but to be mi first long range test I think is ok :P

Sergio!

Edited by sergio00

I had to put the patch antenna more vertical, becouse i had good signal on the back ( hi altittude ) and bad signal in long range ( 2 kms ). To the nex test I will put it almost vertical,,, but to be mi first long range test I think is ok  :P

Sergio!

The position of the antenna looks good to me.

I think you have some loos because your far away.

Normally patch antennas they have narrow reception, the more you point to the sky, the higher you will have to fly when you far away.

But everything work acording to the theory, just trying is the best way to know.

Saludos

Edited by wilson

Another excellent video. I broke my video goggles this week-end and will wait till spring to get new ones with built in Gyro control.

I regularly fly at over 1200 ft as recorded by a Zlog. My EZ is still visible with the naked eye at that height as I get my spotter to point the 14dbi patch at it but I find that altitudes above that make me the lose sensation of movement. It feels like the plane is just hanging in the air as there is very little ground movement.

I once hit 1686 with a 37 inch span Stryker and naked eye.

I am pretty sure that standard 72mhz radios are good to over 25000 ft striaght up. But at that height losing the plane is a virtual certainty, unless it has onboard telemetry and is fuel powered. The record for an electric model is 3.4 km straight up.

Edited by Mach62

Wow !!! 3.4 km, it's a lot, more than 10000' ft . :o

And 25000' ft, this is more than I could even imagine, I thought radios on 72Mhz would have a range between 5000-7000 at the most.

Where did you find those info, I would like to read more about it.

By the way guys here is the link to a New Topic just started.

http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?show...wtopic=1599&hl=

Edited by wilson

noskylimit.com has much info on the records they set. They have some high alt. vids as well with the gas planes.

The 26000 ft record was set with binoculars way back in the early 1970s but I think it has now been broken with FPV.

Beware that these guys from Florida attracted some "attention" from the FAA for going high and potentially inferfering with full scale planes. Personally, I don't see the difference between a hawk flying at 4000 ft and an RC plane but goverment can't exactly legislate against hawks . . . For now there are no government regs or laws that I know off that prohibit high RC flights but I can just imagine governments starting to crack down on us in the future if there are complaints.

Edited by Mach62

The non official altitude record is hold by a member of our forum, he goes over 30 000ft with his planes and video downlink. I can't tell his name, but he does this 4-5 years ago. Does someone knows the exact altitude he reach?

Is it possible for someone to add the link for his video or perhaps it's preferable to kept it secret?

My well-kept source says 24300ft AGL ;)

My friend has flown up to 1000m by visual contact without binoculars, 2.7km by FPV. Very serious R/C dropouts though. I still believe 72MHz TX have more power and range than our 40MHz ones, as the 24300ft was made with the same equipment (Futaba 9C and 149DP receiver).

The 24300ft you are talking about is liquid fuel right?

I can't see how a plane could carry enough battery to make it that high and then fight the winds back down carrying the same weight. It would have to be crazy heavy if it was battery powered.

Maynard Hill, as far as I know, has the official record for altitude gain on an RC plane with Navy 40x binoculars. Then, more recently, he actually few an RC plane across the Atlantic from NewFoundland to Ireland in 38 hours, with telemetry and autopilot. Here is the article I read it from:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/mag/mhill/hillindex.htm

But you never know what kind of unofficial records are out there. Its all interesting stuff to think about.

:rolleyes:

Thank's for the info Mach62, it's always good to remember that we are responsable for whatever our planes can do, better saying cause.

It's very easy for a RC plane cause major accidents !!!

It's always good to remember that a liability ( A.M.A. or others) is highly recommended.

Take care.

Another one, this time it´s mine chasing Sergio (my buddy)

It´s from december, I still didn´t have the Servostretcher.

Kinepolis 138MB Flying between obstacles :o

Hope you enjoy it :)

Dang, I am not having a good weather for weeks !!! <_<

I want to fly !!!

Maybe I will take some days off, and take advantage of a good weather in Spain B)

woohoo. fpv pylon racing! :) do you have a link for the formosa you're using? is it the one by gws?

Kinepolis 138MB Flying between obstacles  :o

Hope you enjoy it  :)

Hey, you are flying at SouthWest of Madrid.

Cerca del M-511 y Casablanca !!!

Nice area to fly ;)

Nice video too :)

Edited by wilson

Kinepolis 138MB Flying between obstacles :o

Hope you enjoy it :)

Excellent video Andres!

It looks as if you two are like brothers having the best of times FPVing to the fullest!

Great demonstration by you and Sergio in flying acrobats and showing us how fun it can be when there are two or more flying together (FPV)!

It's too bad I'm most likely the only guy on my island who FPVing, but I'm working on changing that!

JMS :rolleyes:

Thanks guys :)

This winter doesn´t seem like a winter. With sunlight, we´re always over 6-7 degrees Celsius, but it seems like next week things will change :(

It´s the GWS Formosa I, you can see it with my configuration here

Casablanca?, I only know three Casablanca´s, the one from Morocco, the film and The White House :lol: but yes, it´s the southwest of Madrid (40º 23´36´´ N, 3º 48´01´´W)

Thanks guys  :)

This winter doesn´t seem like a winter. With sunlight, we´re always over 6-7 degrees Celsius, but it seems like next week things will change  :(

It´s the GWS Formosa I, you can see it with my configuration here

Casablanca?, I only know three Casablanca´s, the one from Morocco, the film and The White House  :lol: but yes, it´s the southwest of Madrid (40º 23´36´´ N, 3º 48´01´´W)

Here in texas, the weather has been nasty for so long. <_<

It's been Rainy, and Icy... :blink:

Hey Andres, I have a formosa l new in the box, but I am thinking about Formosa ll, it has a bigger wing spam !!! :)

Have you seen any of the Formosas ll flying ?

By the way, I saw the area on google earth, it's close to Carrefour, that's why I knew where it was ;)

Edited by wilson

Hey Wilson...

Did you say icy in Texas? I thought we were the ones with ice in Canada.

Well nice choice in plane! I love it too! Perhaps you guys might create a "new shift"! Easystar is still popular for FPV but.... maybe you guys will change the tide and everyone might follow. ;)

Once this long & awful weather give me a break and I can finally start FPVing, then get proficient, yeah.. I would like to join you guys... The FORMOSA GANG!

post-8-1169352746_thumb.jpg

Edited by JMS

Hey Wilson...

Did you say icy in Texas? I thought we were the ones with ice in Canada.

Well nice choice in plane! I love it too! Perhaps you guys might create a "new shift"! Easystar is still popular for FPV but.... maybe you guys will change the tide and everyone might follow. ;)

Once this long & awful weather give me a break and I can finally start FPVing, then get proficient, yeah.. I would like to join you guys... The FORMOSA GANG!

:lol: I like the idea, unfortunately the lake that separates my formosa from the Sergio and Andres formosa is a kind big to be crossed ( USA to Spain).

Maybe one day with all the technology improviments, mainly on batteries, I will be able to install an autopilot ( already available ) on my formosa and fly it to Spain, and they will be able to take the controll from there using the same channel !!! B)

By the way the easystar for solo is my favorite one.

Edited by wilson

Nice idea, maybe some day... :lol:

Sorry Wilson, I´ve not seen any Formosa II, so I can´t compare them. But obviously the higher wing area have to improve the behaviour with our extra weight.

At the begining I thougt this wouldn´t be a good airframe for FPV, but now I´m having so much fun that I´m not sure :lol:

BTW, weather report have announced snow for monday-tuesday in Madrid, good things never last long...

Edited by Andres

:lol: I like the idea, unfortunately the lake that separates my formosa from the Sergio and Andres formosa is a kind big to be crossed ( USA to Spain).

Maybe one day with all the technology improviments, mainly on batteries, I will be able to install an autopilot ( already available ) on my formosa and fly it to Spain, and they will be able to take the controll from there using the same channel !!! B)

By the way the easystar for solo is my favorite one.

Another air to air :)

It´s not pylon racing, but here I already had the servostretcher, and I really love the 180º view :D . We still need to improve a lot the side-view piloting tough.

Video 114MB

Andres

OH___MY___GOD!!! :o

WOW Formosa Gang, excellent close flying! What will you do next to wow us? Perhaps precision formation flying? Perhaps flying in a straight line but with Sergio flying upside down and on top of you, then tilting the cameras and looking at each other ( like in Top Gun ) or a game of chicken? To see who will move first while flying straight at each other? :blink:

JMS

Edited by JMS

Here we go, my new personal record on FPV flying, 1.100 m. The patch I used was bad pointed, the spotter I use didn´t have a clear idea of it. Also I used a new video splitter and I notice a lower video quality with a curtain black lines effect. I used to work with my archos av in and av out, but I had a problem of delay in the launching moment of my Easy Star and it crashed. Also I experimented a black image for a fraction of a second twice, enough to give me an infarct. Also in the second part of the video I made a little comparision betwen the CP Patch and the GP Patch, seems that GP patch has more beamwidth but lower gain than CP Patch.

Hope you enjoy: :D

Explorando los limites

http://www.fpvspain.com/videos/explorando-...los-limites.avi

post-8-1169402499_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wavess