Sign in to follow this  
SuperHornet

RSFS-V2

I suppose PICAXE could be used if you erased it to convert it back into a $2 PIC12F683. But, that would be an expensive way to buy the part.

Rc-Cam,

Thanks for your info,

I have already completed the NavLighs project which works great.

I started the RCFSV2 project.

I ordered 3 samples of PIC12F683. Im using IC-Prog v1.05D but I cant find this chip in the drop down menu the closest is PIC 12F675? is this ok to use in programing mode?

http://www.ic-prog.com/index1.htm

Also could you please take a quick look at my pcb diagram just incase I made an error somewhere without relising and to confirm if its correct.

If I dont want to use the low voltage detection do I still add the red line from jp1 up to vcc Pin1, as shown in the diagram?

http://itfocus.dyndns.biz/downloads/other/...cfsv2circut.jpg

Thanks

SuperH

Edited by SuperHornet

If I dont want to use the low voltage detection do I still add the red line from jp1 up to vcc Pin1, as shown in the diagram?

If the low voltage mode is not needed then add JP1 (PIC pin-3 connected to Gnd). Your drawing does not appear correct.

Is it possible for the rcfsv2 to support more than 1 servo?

RCFS-V2 has a buffered output and can drive many servos.

Thanks Mr Rc-Cam

oops' i drew the diagram wrong i messed up pin 7 and 6, pin 5 should be not connected.

But i did it correctly though, lol.

At the start, I wasnt sure if pin 3 went to ground or vcc,

but I did do it corrcectly like you said, added pin3 to gnd via jp1.

Its working as it should be.

If you could just thriple check my updated diagram 1 more time.

http://itfocus.dyndns.biz/downloads/other/...cfsv2circut.jpg

I tested the device on one servo and it works great no gliches even when I turn off my tx.

I am not sure how I can connect 3 servos and the esc throttle?

Does each channel have a different signal?

If I put 4 connectors on each side and plug in the servos\esc throttle via the rcfsv2 to the rx will this work for all 4 channels?

Dariusz

Edited by SuperHornet

The diagram looks accurate. There isn't any need to redraw it since all the details are in the project's original schematic.

Regarding your other questions: In a nutshell, if you want to add failsafe to all the outputs on the receiver, then you will need one RCFS-V2 per servo output.

The diagram looks accurate.  There isn't any need to redraw it since all the details are in the project's original schematic.

Regarding your other questions: In a nutshell, if you want to add failsafe to all the outputs on the receiver, then you will need one RCFS-V2 per servo output.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Thats how I did my pcb layout. (is there a better one?)

Some more silly questions :),

if I run 4 pics on 1 pcb

do i need to power each one sepratly from each rx channel output or can i just use 1 power/gnd input for all 4 pics of the one channel?

also

can I use 1 push button switch to program all 4 at once and 1 led for status(leaving pin2 NC of the other 3 pics) ?

Thanks

Dariusz

Edited by SuperHornet

You can gang power and ground. I assume that you are planning to have just one pair go to the receiver. Be careful -- four servos can draw several peak amps.

I recommend a dedicated pushbutton for each channel.