Sign in to follow this  
robeod

will "goof proof" work with 1.2 ghz

Hi guys, I was wondering will a 1.2 ghz transmitter work well with the "goof proof" antenna on the receiver? And is 2.4 ghz better than 1.2 ghz? Also my transmitter is 800mw.

Thanks

Rob

If your Tx is operating at exactly 1.20Ghz then every dimension would need to be enlarged by two (2.0) times. EVERYTHING.

I have a feeling you are using one of those low cost Hong Kong imports (perhaps one of the eBay offerings). Despite their advertised claims, please be aware that they all seem to operate in the 1.1Ghz band. Not only would the scaling be different, such Tx's are illegal to operate in North America.

You should measure the frequency to ensure that yours is operating with an allowed frequency. This will also ensure that you correctly scale the GPP. Just use this formula: 2.400ghz / Your Tx Freq (in Ghz) = GPP Scaling value.

Example: 2.400Ghz / 1.276Ghz = 1.88. (Enlarge the antenna by 1.88 times).

Well you are right...it is one of those Hong Kong cheapies from e-bay. I just couldn't afford one of them pricey units. Is there a way for a laymen to check the frequency easily or is it pretty involved? And finally could I use a ground plane antenna like this for the transmitter: http://www.yb2normal.com/antenna3.html

Thanks again

Rob

You'll need a frequency counter to check it. A ground plane antenna {designed for your frequency} on your video Tx is highly recommended -- they perform well.