Crash Pilot1

Dashboard and Tracking Antenna Software

Hello

I am in the process of building a ground station and have just about finished it. The only thing that I will be missing is the sofware to run it. Currently I use the tiny track SMT and soundcard for the packet data along with the UI-view program.

I am looking for a software program that has the gauge dashboard like VisualGPSXP(This program does not work with sound card) and that also incorporate the software for the tracking antenna.

I have spent numerous hours looking but am unable to find anything.

Last resort I have a programmer at work that is willing to help me out but he is pretty busy and this may take a while.

If anyone could help out it would be greatly appreciated or advise were I can find information or source codes for gauges etc.

Thanks

Crash Pilot1

Hi Crashpilot,

I dont have any help to offer but a question... :P

How does this with the soundcard work, what softwares do you use for this? I wish I even had this solution. So you maybe can help me start with it.

Greets,

Marcus

fallenangel3k

I use the tiny track smt in my plane to transmitt data back to the camera receiver via the audio channel. At the camera receiver the audio channel wires into the mic jack on my laptop. I then use packet engine pro to convert the packet data on the audio channel throught the sound card. Then I use UI-View to display my location on a moving map.

http://www.byonics.com/tinytrak/ttsmt.php

http://www.elcom.gr/sv2agw/pepro.htm

http://www.ui-view.org/

Hope this answers your question

Crash Pilot1

Crash Pilot,

I have VisualGPSXP and it certainly looks great. Do know that the virtual horizon is a non-functional part of the software. I was really excited to see this feature operate from GPS data and then sad to learn that it is a future addition.

Since I use a radio modem, I cannot comment on how exactly to solve your problem, but Fransen GPS Gate may be of some help. This feeds NMEA data to virtual comm ports from various sources. If it can accept the data from your sound card application, it maybe able to feed VisualGPSXP.

Good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

Steve

eflyersteve

I did not try this out because I had to take a break due to work committments. I have just started getting stuck back into it so I will give it a try. One of the programmers from work has just started working on writing some software for me. We are currently at the stage of trying to read the data dirrect from the soundcard and then we can create the dashboard and tracking software.

I will keep you posted

Crash Pilot 1