I have a favor to ask: I accidentally damaged my KX-141 CCD camera when a spinning dremel slipped in my hands and hit a side of the camera PCB. One element on the camera board got damaged beyond recognition and I need help figuring out what was there. The element is on the right side of the main connector when looking from the back and the connector is on the top side. I attach picture of the damage. Can somebody who has KX-141 read the letters on the part on their camera and let me know what they are. May be by the chance you know what the part is as well - I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

PS. KX-141 is BlackWidowAv's stock number and not the manufacturer part number.

post-3-1149212491_thumb.jpg

Hi,

It's the same as the grey one that is just below.

I guess that could be a diode, but you'd better desolder one of the others on the board and check... :unsure:

post-3-1149227293_thumb.jpg

Kilrah,

Is the orientation of these two diodes the same (both pointing down)?

Thanks.

Oops sorry, forgot to add that detail... :unsure:

Yes, they are :)

post-3-1149316074_thumb.jpg

Yep, that was a diode. The camera is working again :D

Thanks Kilrah!

Hi Kilrah,

have you test the KX-141 in flight more than few minutes in order to give me you're feedback on this camera ?

i've seen your web page, do you put this model of camera in one of your kit, because the camera seems to be goos for me but your kits are more simple to use for me.

Thanks for your answer,

Tliparoa

Yes of course.

Personally I don't like it, the colors are a bit pale and the image isn't very sharp. There can be a darker line at the right border of the image too.

I definitely recommend the KX131, which by the way is cheaper...

Yes of course.

Personally I don't like it, the colors are a bit pale and the image isn't very sharp. There can be a darker line at the right border of the image too.

I definitely recommend the KX131, which by the way is cheaper...

I think the color can be adjusted with the I2C interface. I hope so, anyway, because I just ordered an I2C USB kit! The dark line is usually from an unstable power source. Install a choke on the camera power wire and the line disappears.

Edited by docphi

Interesting. Can you give me some news? I've never been able even to find any documentation to check if there could be some compatibility between camera manufacturers / models...

OK gang. I received the RHCP-2000 cam and USB interface. The camera is definitely the KX-141. In fact, the parameters on board are identical. Both cameras are interchangeable with the interface. You can see how it all connects. There is a nice software GUI that lets you change parameters and write them to the camera. Pretty idiot-proof (I should know!). I adjusted the chroma and AGC. These two parameters made the most difference in producing a more vibrant image.

post-5-1154620903_thumb.jpg

Great - first time I hear someone actually was able to change the settings. Can you please post sample images before and after the adjustment?

For FPV flying it would be great to keep ground appear bright even when sky take more than half of the image. May be reducing AGC will do the trick.