bvoltz

Making a digital recorder

First I'm complete dumby when it comes to electronics... you have been warned.

I purchased a 20 Second Recording module from Radio Shack (Here is the link to the item http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...tId=2102855&cp), and I have made the recording. Now what I'm trying to do is get it to play when power is played and reset back to the start when power is removed. I'm trying to get it start at the start when power is applied.

Also the recording sounds a lot better and lounder on my computer speakers. I had to make it using my computer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If this will work better with a different module please let me know.

My goal is to record a master, and that his the only recording like with the toys, and would like to have it small, with the volume level of someone yelling. The trigger to make this active, is applying power to the unit.

Edited by bvoltz

The Radio Shack module is based on the discontinued ISD1500 series ChipCorder® IC. Maybe the mfg still offers a data sheet (good place to start if you want to change the way the circuit works): ISD Web Page

Thanks for the info, but I need to find some that can develop a product for my needs.

Any ideas?

The goal or product that I tring to create would have the following features.

I need a very small device that will be powered by subc 7.2 volt device. I'm willing to have it have it's own power source, but I need the key trigger to be the power from the 7.2 volt power source. In fact this would be best if possible.

I would like to have two recording, one playing when no power is received from the 7.2 source, but then recording two when power is present from the 7.2 power source.

I have the recording for the off power, 2 seconds or 4 seconds, this will need to be a loop.

I have a recording that will needs to play when power is applied and resets back to the begining when power is removed.

The recording is 9.2 seconds long.

I need the sound to be played around 80 to 90 DB, but it would be very nice if I could control the volume, but this needs to be very small.

Anyone want to help me out?

Thanks for the info, but I need to find some that can develop a product for my needs. Any ideas?

The folks at sparkfun.com have designed clever stuff (at least the items they sell on their site looks cool). They advertise custom design services.

Frankly, these sort of projects are expensive to create if you use commercial services, so be prepared for a bit of sticker shock.