Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Fresh

Using CamMan for VTOL

Me and my friend are trying to convert an Aerobird into a Vertical TakeOff and Landing plane. We have ordered two ducted fans which will be linked together through the fuseloge and mount on either side of the body on CG. A servo will be used to rotate the fans downward. I have never used the CamMan circuit board before and was wondering if it will work for my application. Here are my questions:

1. When the x-port button is pushed does it fully actuate the servo?

2. Does the servo hold this actuated position or does it go back center?

3. Will I be able to (a.) turn on the plane, start the motors in normal position then (b.) throttle up and activate the x-port to rotate the fans downward and (c.) hold this position to allow the plane to lift then (d.) activate the x-port to assume rear thrust again for normal flight?

Can anyone help me?

1. When the x-port button is pushed does it fully actuate the servo?

Yes. When idle, the servo pulse is 1.0mS. When activated, it is 2.0mS.

2. Does the servo hold this actuated position or does it go back center?
It returns to 1.0mS after 1.5 Secs.

3. Will I be able to (a.) turn on the plane, start the motors in normal position then (b.) throttle up and activate the x-port to rotate the fans downward and (c.) hold this position to allow the plane to lift then (d.) activate the x-port to assume rear thrust again for normal flight?

Even if you designed a custom X-Port interface, I don't think it will cooperate. That is because the model's throttle is shut down whenever Xport is activated. At least that is what I have observed on the HobbyZone models I have seen. If your throttle continues to work, then you have a fighting chance.