wakewatcher

Wireless and Pic Generated Lanc Signals

I want to plug my Canon ZR-1000 Lanc remote into something to make it wireless. While I'm at it I would like to know if anyone has made a PIC based Lanc controller. I've done some googling but haven't come up with anything other than it appears to be a 9600 baud protocol of some sort. Thanks.

There is a commercial unit available for R/C, don't remember the address though. Try googling a bit and you should find. I remember having found specs too, if I come across them again I'll post!

Thanks. I found a comercial unit but it had limited functionality. I'd like a transmitter that I can plug my remote into and then a receiver to plug into the camera. And of course on the spec would be great for a pic lanc emulator. I need to take a class in googling. I know the stuff is out there but I never pick the right keywords to zero in on stuff. Someone needs to build a google for google. ;-)

Yep, I think the one I saw had power on/off, start/stop, zoom and focus. The problem is that a R/C TX has a pretty limited number of input devices / channels to play with...

BTW, that's the one: http://www.boehmel.de/lanc.htm