Sign in to follow this  
Wavess

1.2 Ghz Help

Hi I´m from Spain and my english is not so good. I need some help cause I´m begining with the wireless video and I don´t have much idea. My problem is that I have an ebay cam at 1.2ghz and 50mW. The cam comes with a transmiter inside it and a 8.5 cm long wire antena. The receptor has an omnidirectional antenna and I don´t now how many db can get. I would like to improve the quality of the video reception and the distance. I know I have the worst system for video transmition, but I only want 200-300 mts of distance with an acceptable reception. Should I make some changes on the antennas? How could I do it? What kind of antenna could work better?

Thanks a lot guys.

Thanks Mr-Cam:

I´ve build a GP Patch antena and the improvement was much compared to the omnidirectional that the receiver came with. But I´m no happy yet, I still get dropouts in the image and the sound it´s saturated cause the vibrations. I´ve planned to make a ground plane antena following the instructions given at http://www.yb2normal.com/antenna3.html. Do I have to re-scale the whole measurements for 1.2 Ghz system including the coax cable? What kind of coax cable will work fine for 1.2 GHZ? The copper must be re-scaled too? Including the section of it¿? Does anyone knows how to get rid of the saturated sound?