Sign in to follow this  
niglyn

Pic lost model & programming help.

Hi all,

Would like to make the lost model project. I cannot find any pic programmers for the 12c508. The Vellerman one only specifies f pics. Will it do the c as well?

If not, anyone got plans & sw to build a c type programmer? (found a few on the web, but they don't seem reliable)

Can I substitite a pic12f629 instead of the pic12c508?

Would also like the slow landing gear, which is a pic12f629. (for a different plane)

Do not know who wrote this sw, would it be easy to remove the landing gear code, just leaving the lost model bit? then I could use the vellerman board to program them.

And finally, as an update to the above, could a low voltage alarm be added as well?

Many thanks,

Nigel.

Can I substitite a pic12f629 instead of the pic12c508?

You should be able to sub it with a PIC12F508.

...would it be easy to remove the landing gear code, just leaving the lost model bit? then I could use the vellerman board to program them.
No change needed. Just ignore the landing gear feature.

And finally, as an update to the above, could a low voltage alarm be added as well?

Attached is a LOMA Low Voltage Alarm circuit idea.

LOMA.pdf

Hi, Mr Cam :)

you could easily substitute a cheap MC 33164 ( or ┬ÁChip Equ : TC 54 ???? ) 3 resistors, and a capacitor to the 8211 ( or 12 ... ) and all its circuitry. B)

There's the hysteresis application drawing on Freescale's datasheet. Voltage adaptation very simple due to very low device current draw.

Alain