Hi

I just received today my CCD board-type camera .It is of unkwnown brand with Sony 0.5 lux Super HAD 1/3" sensor and with 2.5 mm lens. I tested it on big tv and its lighyears ahead of my previous cmos b/w cheapo cam.

Now I would like to design some kind of pan & tilt mount for it, driven by 2 servos.

Since I don't want to reinvent the wheel I thought I just ask how you did yours. Could you post some links to images so I could examine designs that are reasonable.

I am going to make the mount of 3mm plywood. I will cut pieces of plywood and glue them together with 5 min epoxy. That should be sufficiently rigid. Servos will have extended throw (around 180 deg at least in horizontal plane). I am just unsure whether I should mount the camera directly to servos or move the camera plate by some kind of pushrods. Or maybe there are some other clever ways of putting it together?

thanks

Firstly, do you have a photo of the cam, to get an idea of the shape?

Don't have my digital camera at hand at the moment, but I can tell you it looks pretty much like all board-type cameras. Something close to this.

v1245.jpg

Mine has two boards some 8 mm apart and protruding lens on front and some protruding components (an electrolytic cap and a socket) on the rear face.