Sign in to follow this  
philgib

Video camera transmitter on a dog...

I am trying to put a standard 600 mw cam-video transmitter on my dog's harness...You may call me crazy, I know, but that may be an interesting - and funny - subject. ;)

Question 1 : Since I guess the antenna should stand a bit higher than the dog, therefore quite close to the dog's brain, is 2.4 ghz as dangerous for the brain as a cellphone is ? If it is, then I won't do it. And since you are asking, no, I won't connect a Hitec servo receiver to her brain. Because the brain is just too small :-) Dogs look like their master, don't they ?

Question 2 : If it is not, dangerous for her brain, then which antenna would work the best ? it obviously should not be directional ...

Phil

post-2-1152722631_thumb.jpg

Edited by philgib

I understand that eyes are more sensitive to 2.4Ghz RF damage, at least before the brain. Even though 600mW is not much of a threat, it would be wise to keep the antenna a few inches from bowzer's head.

hey philgib

You're not that crazy. A couple of years ago I was thinking of equipping my dog with a custom GPS position recorder to se what exactly was he doing when he dissappeared for his 6-hours wandering every couple of days. I gave up only when I discovered that back then the GPS signal was scrambled and the resolution was pretty poor so I couldn't tell which side of the block/street the dog was on. Unfortunatelly the dog died of age (16 years) this winter so I won't get back to this project.