I have just received a great 420 lines color board CCD from Mexico. Quality is amazingly good in the dark, I am quite surprised.

2 questions :

1- the camera is getting really HOT when I plug it to a 12v li-ion brand new portable battery. But it does not get hot at all when I connect it to a 8-AA recharge NIMH battery pack ? What am I doing wrong ?

2- I bought this cam because it is quite thin, BUT the white 4-pins cable connection makes a 90 degrees angle to the board, only allowing the RCA cable to connect to it on a 90 degrees angle. Consequence : the total camera + cable connection more than doubles the thickness of the whole thing....

How could I do a side connection, so that the RCA/power cable connects to the side of camera and not 90 degrees to it ? Can I just bend it without breaking the pins ?

Phil

it`s normal the cam come hot, on 8 nimh, the cam work on 9.6V. when you use it on 12V the difference will be dissipate in heat by the voltage regulator inside the cam.

for the 90 deg connector, my solution is to solder the wire directly, i remove plastic around the pins with an exacto, and sold the wire at 90 deg.

Hey Phil, what camera is it? How much did it cost? I've been doing alot of night flying lately, and am really wanting to upgrade to a camera that does well in the dark.