Sign in to follow this  
gigahertz

help an engineering student (please)

Hi,

I'm currently an electrical engineering student working on a project where I'm having a problem finding some parts. This isn't a school project, just for my own amusement with maybe some commercial aps someday.

I'm in the parts buying mode for a semi-autonomous boat/submarine, the basic idea is to travel on the surface to a target then submerge(~2m max). The vehicle will use a floating antenna system I have designed that "should work" during submersion. B)

Anyway, I'm looking for a camera (I've searched the internet for probably 10+ hours with no luck) with the following specs:

NEED

high quality video (not HD)

<$500

NV capabilities

2-axis

I don't care about watertightness (I'll do that), size (within reason), signal power ( I'll build an amp)

Does anyone know who makes something like this, all of the companies I see seem to sell the same EXACT things....

you will pay a lot to find a camera that move in the two axis, normally we mount the cam on servo motor ourself.

You might concider one axis on the camera, and one axis on the craft? It will be easier and the craft will already have yaw capabilities I presume. (Pan)

Dan

Thanks for the replies, I still haven't found a suitable camera yet though.

I only have one semester to go before I graduate, so a wide range of EE subjects are still fresh in my head ;). If anyone needs any help with circuit design, control theory, signal processing etc. let me know. I have tons of cool design software that I'm pretty good at, if what you need doesn't take too much of my time I'll be glad to help.

Quite a site you have going here...