Wavess

600 mW BlackwidowAv video system

Hi, I´ve just received from blackwidowav my first 2.4GHZ 600 mW video system. The transmiter and the KX-131 camera I¨ve conected to a 2S lipo battery with a 5V regulator. The instructions manual´s of the camera says that if you are going to work at 5V, you must get rid of a 12 V regulator that comes with the cable of the camera. That´s what I did, but I´m worried because the camera gets warm, almost like the 5V regulator. Is that normal? My voltage regulator is tested to 2A, so I think it´s enough for the video system.

I´ve tried the system at home, and walking around the backyard the signal gets bad in about 20 m with both the coaxials antenas that come with the kit, and with the patch antena from blackwidowav too. I haven´t tried yet in an open field. Are the 20 m normal for home use? I´m very worried about those two things.

Please somebody could help me to undestand it?

Thanks a lot

Claro sergio00 hay que informarse con los expertos y con los que les ha ido bien el tema.

For the ones that don´t speak spanish sergio00 is a friend that is trying to get involved in the wireless video too. We saw a video of Vrflyer that someone posted at www.miliamperios.com (a great r/c forum in spanish) and liked a lot. We are trying to get good results with BlackWidowAV systems, but we need some help to get started cause there isn´t much information in spanish on the web.

Thanks a lot

I´ve tried the system at home, and walking around the backyard the signal gets bad in about 20 m with both the coaxials antenas that come with the kit, and with the patch antena from blackwidowav too. I haven´t tried yet in an open field. Are the 20 m normal for home use?

It is not uncommon to get momentary sync loss if you operate around the house. Besides the usual multipathing problems, other 2.4Ghz devices may be in use. Try the test in an open area that is far from structures. Beyond that, it would be best to post a video so that we can see what you mean.

Well here we go. I´ve tried the blackwidowav 600 mW brown bag kit in an open field. The signal is not good yet. The onmidirectional antenna that came with the kit works worse than a patch a built. Also the 8 dbi patch antenna that came with the kit works worse. Here I put a video demo of a ground test in an open field. Any suggestions or tips would be apreciated.

http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid=293...501987835958130

By the other hand, here I put also a video recorded with an Ebay 1.2Ghz cheap system. I used the patch antena scaled from this web. Again any considerations will help me a lot to improve it.

http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid=540...214224369354649

Thanks a lot :rolleyes:

Hi Sergio, Hi Waves.

When the tx antenna is close to the ground, it's not very good for transmission, even in the sky, it.s hard to get a perfect and strong signal. Dependly which place I chose to fly, I can get a lot of interference like I see in your video, it's normal, I live with it. Some place I choose to fly I've got few interference. 2.4Ghz frequency we use are very popular for phone, bluetooth gizmo etc, these waves can travel a lot and cause interference. When I do video, I will cut and remove them to leave clean video. If you check my videos, some have interference in them to show that our hobby it's not perfect,it's not like having a cable between us and the planes.

Your patch antenna is round, all the patch I've seen are square. The waves are differents in Spain perhaps :)

Thanks for replying Vrflier, the patch antena I used is this:

http://www.ultimatecharger.com/Dish_Feed.html is a round antenna but it works great.

I was thinking on improving the quality of the conectors, do you know what are the best ones? Also the length of the cables I think to get them shorter. One thing that I was surprised of the kit was the thin the video cable it was.

Vrflier, you´ve done a great job with your videos. They got me hooked to this wonderful wireless hobby.

I was thinking on improving the quality of the conectors, do you know what are the best ones? Also the length of the cables I think to get them shorter. One thing that I was surprised of the kit was the thin the video cable it was.

Vrflier, you´ve done a great job with your videos. They got me hooked to this wonderful wireless hobby.

I do not use coax at all, I install a connector directly on the back side of the patch antenna and connect it to the receiver. When I use coax, I get much more interference. I don't remember the part number of the male connector, but it have 4 leg like the one you can see on my old website:

http://pages.videotron.com/vrflyer/angdive...ml#Transmitters

the p/n of the female is JN610-nd.

Thanks for your tips Vrflier but I didn´t meant the lenght of the coax cable because I have attached directly to the receiver. My question was about the lenght of the tx and cam power and video wires, and good conectors to use.

In other way, It´s getting hard to get rid of the 2 stroke vibration in my cheap ebay system. I´ve made a camera mount with plywood and white cork. I´ll post a picture later to best viewing.

Thanks for your tips Vrflier but I didn´t meant the lenght of the coax cable because I have attached directly to the receiver. My question was about the lenght of the tx and cam power and video wires, and good conectors to use.

In other way, It´s getting hard to get rid of the 2 stroke vibration in my cheap ebay system. I´ve made a camera mount with plywood and white cork. I´ll post a picture later to best viewing.

Oh!

Normally I suggest to add nothing to reduce vibration, the cam should be mount firmly to the wing or fuselage, the cam will follow the vibration of the plane and no vibration appear in the picture, but the cam that you use is fragile and must be install in something to protect it, good luck ...

The lenght of the power cable and video cable make no difference. The connector also will not make difference, wrap around connector something like foam sheet to protect it from vibrating. If the planes crash, the connector must unplug easily to save your electronic equipement.