Sign in to follow this  
TomK

Attaching servo to HobbyZone X-Port connector

Hi, I want to attach my Aiptek Mini Pencam to my ParkZone plane. The plane has an X-Port that I would like to use to control a servo, which in turn would manually press the shutter button. I've read the article on electronically conecting the camera, but I think it is way beyond my expertice. My thought is that maybe I can connect a servo to the X-Port connector. When I operate the button on the controler it would activate the servo and take a picture. Can anyone help me with any ideas?

To me, the CamMan-XP project is the easiest solution.

Other than hacking a HobbyZone Xport bomb drop module to trigger the camera (just use your imagination on that idea), there's probably not much you can do.

Hi, I have a hobbyzone super cub. It too has a xport. I am currently following the directions from the rc cam page and have built the circuit to make the shutter on the camera work. If you build the circuit, you CAN make a servo work to control the button, (so the directions say LOL I don't know I am only %50 done)

The circuit is done, I just need help with the software installation into the PIC. I will let you know when I am done how it worked.

post-7-1160611676_thumb.jpg