Sign in to follow this  
Talontsi96

GP-Patch Antena Scaling

Sorry if this was covered but I got a quick question on the GP-patch scaling. I got a 1.2Ghz e-bay system that really lacks performance so I want to build the GP-Patch for it. My question is. Is the scaling done to individual dimension ie lenght X2 and width X2? This effectivelly quadruples the area. Do I double the area of the patch or double each dimension effective quadroupling the area?

Also is there a way of figuring out the exact freqency the e-bay 1.2Ghz system works on? I believe I got the 800 mw system with a frequency fine tuning adjustment knob on the RX.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Thank you. I've read that but was not sure if it was each individual dimension that gets doubled. I take it thats the way to do it. As far as finding the exact frequency...I'm a real newby so I'm lost and appologize in advance for my ignorance. Is a frequency counter some device that one can purchase or build?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Edited by Talontsi96

RF Frequency counters are available commercially. Budget about $150.

If all you need it for is to check your Tx's freq then I doubt it is worth the expense. Just assume your Hong Kong "1.2GHz" Tx is at 1180Mhz (common among such imports).