Hi Aeromann,

I only have three portions of the flight digitized. Send me PM with your e-mail and I'll give you a link.

Ok, below is the access code to my logs folder:

user: logs

passwd: logs

The flight is in

http://www.cyber-flyer.com/logs/2002/073102.html

The password also allows you to see the rest of the folder.

I am going to update my website soon, so this access will only work for a short time.

I am going to update my website soon

Ooh, good news :D

Meanwhile, I just updated my local copy :)

I still love reading those impressions from the beginning, which brought me into this. Thanks for having taken the time to share them :wub:

Thanks Kilrah. Looking back at the log files reminded me how much fun was it to fly FPV above the clouds. :)

I spend last year playing with helicopters trying to make them as friendly to FPV flight as planes. I love the vertical take off and landing capability of helicopters - but they get too loose in the air requiring constant control of the attitude. It's a tough compromise which I am trying to resolve.

I've tried heli FPV once... with one of these cheap dual rotor thingys (I'm no heli flyer at all). The machine was really a bit weak (I was flying outside, and it really can't cope with wind), but there was no problem flying the thing. I'd want to try with a more serious platform once. I don't really like helis, but they do give some more possibilities.

I've tried on the sim too (RFG2 has a "cockpit view" option). That was fairly easy flying for 5 mins, even if the FOV was crud (on my widescreen), and I can't even hold the heli in the air for 20 secs in normal mode :wacko:

I especially love the relay flight story. Those lucky days where we go a bit too far but everything turns out pretty well ;)

I feel like I should have done the same, keeping track of the history. Fortunately, I have the videos which do the job quite well too...

Cloud flying definitely is the most awesome part of the fun :)

Edited by Kilrah

I especially love the relay flight story. Those lucky days where we go a bit too far but everything turns out pretty well

Yep, those are the best moments! Relay flight was the first.

Loosing TX power due to discharged batteries with the plane at 15,000 ft was another. PDC-10 paid off its price many times over during that flight :)

Ugh, guess so :wacko:

Mine was that flight above the fog. I ended fetching the plane about 700m away from myself, and making some epoxy glue. But at the moment I decided to do it, I knew it would end like this and decided it would be worth it... it was! :)

Wow, how do you know your plane's position once you are above the clouds?

On the video it shows happy landing, was it from the different flight?

That's the point, I don't :rolleyes:

I actually managed to recognise where I was once I went back under the fog, but there I lost the R/C...

Yes, I did 2 consecutive flights, on the 1st one I stayed under the layer, and I took that landing ;)

Edited by Kilrah

That's the point, I don't

That's what I thought - that's gutsy!

I guess PDC-10 will be too heavy for that little plane. How much extra weight it can carry?

Edited by cyber-flyer

Mmh, it's already pretty heavy with camera and servo.. I'd say no more than 30 extra grams :unsure: