dalbert02

Two cameras, one plane, how?

I currently have Black Widow 600mW 2.4Ghz Tx with a panasonic board camera. I wan to add another camera, so I need another Tx. On the ground I am using BW's diversity Rx. For the 2nd camera, am I better off using a 900Mhz system to reduce interference or should I get another 2.4Ghz and another diversity Rx?

Thank you.

-dave

I have used two 10mW 2.4Ghz systems with no problems but Im not sure if two 600mW systems would work the same.

I always wanted to multiplex the two cameras into one TX and RX at half frame rate but never got round to it.

I just switch the cameras now, not as good but I get by.

Terry

It depends on what you need. If you don't need to have the 2 images at the same time you could keep one TX, and add a R/C controlled video switch in the plane.

Behavior of systems on different channels depends pretty much on the manufacturer of the stuff, especially the receiver. I've noticed that with my 10mW systems it was better not to choose 2 adjacent ones, or when 2 people are flying together there would be interference if one is far away and the other makes a close pass or lands in front of the other's receiver. But when using more distant channels everything goes fine.

Thank you for your insight. I need both images at the same time. One camera is for the pilot, the other for the camera operator using pan-tilt-zoom for search and recovery.

-dave

Thats much the same as why I used 2 cameras but now I fly on my own the camera switch dose the job.

Terry