rucanunes

I need a good antenna.

Hello,

I have two B&W infrared wireless Marmitek cameras connected to the respective 2.4Ghz receiver.

I would like to know if there's some other antenna that I can buy to place on the receiver to increase the capture signal.

I mean a receiver antenna, NOT a transmiter. It must be omnidirectional.

Thank you,

Raul Nunes.

Edited by rucanunes

That antenna looks ideal for ground based RC cameras, but I only have 1.2ghz equipment, if I were to make an antenna like that for 1.2ghz would I have to double the ratio like with the GP patch antenna documented on this site?

Cool, I'm going to have a go at making one tomorrow, going by the measurements it'll be about 2 foot long! if the test works then the only cost will be some plastic pipe.

I built it, only cost £1.99 for the 20mm tubing from Focus DIY and glued Pepsi Max bottle caps on the ends (perfect fit! most other bottle caps don't fit), it works but I don't know how well against the stock antenna because initial tests don't show any real difference between the two.

Wondering if it's worth spending a few more pennies on something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=150034228631

The cruel reality is that an omni Rx antenna is not a great choice for an R/C video application. They invite more multipathing problems and typically have much lower gain than other choices. Have you tried a DiY patch or biquad?

If you fly in an open space and fly away from yourself (not above) then you may well get some gain. Intresting anyway for not too much work.

Terry

Well it was worth the effort and the small cost to try it out, went to a large car park earlier and set my 1000mw transmitter on the ground at one end and cycled to the other, both the stock antenna and the collinear had signal loss problems when waved about but the collinear certainly worked better.

I still have enough piping left to make another one so might try the same carpark test with two collinear's, but somehow I don't think I can fit a 2 foot antenna on my RC car though :D

It's just a little one. :)

I locked the 3 diffs so all 4 wheels get equal power, nothing more annoying than it getting beached with one wheel spinning off the ground, but it does mean it's easier to flip.