Sign in to follow this  
Fox

RCFS-V2

Hello!

I'm planning on building a RCFS-V2 Failsafe.. Anyone got any experience of that project?

The partlist contains PIC12F683, so I´ve been looking around in my lokal electronics stores for that part, but I could only find PIC12F675..

Does anyone know if I can use this part instead of the PIC12F683?

Fox

By the way..

Why doesn't the PIC12F675 work..

The only difference between the two curcuits (as far as I can see) is the memory, is it only that?

Too little memory in the PIC12F675?

Fox

It needs the PIC12F683. It is a popular chip and available from many Microchip vendors. I don't know of any direct subs.

It needs the PIC12F683. It is a popular chip and available from many Microchip vendors. I don't know of any direct subs.

Thank you, it is really hard to find here in greece... Thanks anyway

Just curious Kilrah. Which chips would you recommend requesting for a beginner that would be useful?

Edited by W3FJW-Ron

If you just want to experiment a 16F877 could be nice, it has pretty much all of the usual peripherals you will find in the different PICs so you can try them, and it is available in DIP40 so you can easily breadboard it.

Many thanks. I'll give it a go. Been on the uChip site many times looking but never knew what might be a good starter.