eickst

Picking a platform

My first choice would be this one right here, not this particular kit but this plane.

ov10b.jpg

I plan on using a perfectly smooth (as close as perfect as I can get it) canopy with no painted trim on it. Should work out pretty nice. I want to use the gyro HT from rc-tech, but it's kind of expensive so I may just go with straight mounted FPV and leave the head tracking for later, unless someone knows of a less expensive way to do it.

Working on a diversity receiver, have a new concept I want to try out, hopefully should be 4-way, but it could just fizzle out into another idea of mine that didn't work.

What kind of platform's are you guys using? I see a few people with easystars, but I want something scale.

Anyway, great forum and you guys have taught me a lot already even though this is my first post. Thanks!

I seriously considered the Bronco, unfortunately after reading several flight/build reports, I concluded that the wing loading was a bit too high.

Another popular platform besides the Easystar is the Twinstar.

FWIW, in my opinion, I had my hands full getting all the AP gear configured and operational. I didn't want to complicate things with any more than necessary. That's one reason I choose the Easystar. Another one is safety. It's a light, soft and safe airframe that is 100% predictable and proven.

I too am in the process of putting togther an Easy Star for FPV flight. I think it's the perfect aircraft for the job, mainly because of its ease of modification. Also, I don't need to reinvent the wheel, I can just copy what poeple have already done. :D

I am also looking at what my second FPV aircraft will be and will be looking for a scale model, so I'm interested in hearing other peoples opinions as well.

Yeah, I think the easystar would be a good first plane to use, it's obviously working well for everyone who uses it.

I was planning on doing the OV-10 in a foam construction, as the only kits I can find of it are built up balsa and ply construction.

Yeah, I think foam is a better option for your first FPV model. ;) I know I'll need something durable. :lol:

I don't know whether this is scale, but I think the Phoenix Model Rainbow EP might make a good FPV aircraft.

rainbowEP.jpg