sergio00

The Best electric configuration to the EasyStar?

Hi.

It is my first post. I follow RC-CAM severals month ago. I flight FPV in a glow MotorSail of 3 mts now, but I want to change to the EasyStar.

Can someone advice me the best Electric configuration to my Setup?

My TX: BlackwindowAv 1000mW 12Volts

Cam: CCD 12 Volts

Rx: 5-6Volts

I habe the anyvolt BIG, is the same like minivolt. The diference is the size and the Displays, just that.

I send a picture of the possible electric circuit, is ok to the flight in the easy star? I would like use 1 battery to reduce the weight if is possible.

electrificacion.jpg

the pictures are only ilustrative

Regards

Sergio from SPAIN

www.aeromodelismovirual.com

Edited by sergio00

I think you will have big problems using your flight battery to power the video system. Also that huge 1000mW TX will pull lots of power and with the RX on the same battery you will loose control soon as the battery dies.

Terry

As usual... one battery for ESC / motor / receiver (the ESC powering the receiver with its BEC), and another one for camera and TX...

A second battery might even be smaller (and lighter?) than your AnyVolt too.

Take care of keeping the TX and receiver very far apart too. 1W is huge and very likely to create interference.

Edited by Kilrah

OK

Kilrah

Is like this new picture the configuration that you advice me for my SETUP?????

THANKS!!!! :rolleyes:

electrificacion2.jpg

I am doing a big effort to think in "small" after fly mi "big" bird of 3 mts :D

post-5-1159314840_thumb.jpg

Edited by sergio00

OK

Kilrah

Is like this new picture the configuration that you advice me for my SETUP?????

THANKS!!!! :rolleyes:

electrificacion2.jpg

I am doing a big effort to think in "small" after fly mi "big" bird of 3 mts :D

That`s good Sergio, but the battery for the video will be drain rapidly because of your 1000mW tx. You will have a good video transmission, so try it.

You will need to check the amp draw of the 1000mW transmitter (not 1000mA as per your drawing). From that, and the length of time you wish to fly, you can decide on the size battery pack necessary. More than likely, a 750mA pack or there abouts should be fine. I have a Black Widow 5V 600mW Tx running on a 480 2 cell and voltage regulator. I've never pushed the system, but I'm sure it could power the Tx and camera for well over 1/2 hour (maybe more like 1 hr). If I upgrade to a switching voltage regulator, that will help even more. The linear regulator I have is not very efficient.

Edited by twinturbostang

You will need to check the amp draw of the 1000mW transmitter (not 1000mA as per your drawing). From that, and the length of time you wish to fly, you can decide on the size battery pack necessary. More than likely, a 750mA pack or there abouts should be fine. I have a Black Widow 5V 600mW Tx running on a 480 2 cell and voltage regulator. I've never pushed the system, but I'm sure it could power the Tx and camera for well over 1/2 hour (maybe more like 1 hr). If I upgrade to a switching voltage regulator, that will help even more. The linear regulator I have is not very efficient.

I've had problems in the past using switching regulators with RC radios. Is there a new one somewhere that doesn't cause interference?

The consume videoSystem for the 2nd. battery is: 1000mw Tx (blackwindowsav) 450mA + 12V cam (KPC-HD38CZCM ktnc.co.kr) 180mA = 630 mA so,, a Lipo 3S 800mA would be enough???

Interference Engine - Rx:

In electric airplane i dont know, I am new in electric models.

Using ferrite in the rc power cable or antiparasite integraed in the ESC would be better?

Interference: RX-TX

In my glow airplane never had it. ( using PCM dual filter)

My TX 1000mW

In the 3mts BigBird the Tx and rx was 15 cm separation.I put the 9dbi tx antenna in the downside of fuselage ( retractable). I tested the system until 580 mts withount Rx interference. I didnt tested it in PPM mode yet.

post-5-1159370504_thumb.jpg

Edited by sergio00

The consume videoSystem for the 2nd. battery is: 1000mw Tx (blackwindowsav) 450mA +  12V cam (KPC-HD38CZCM ktnc.co.kr) 180mA = 630 mA so,, a Lipo 3S 800mA would be enough???

Sounds good to me. That would allow over 1 hour flight time on a charge.

Edited by twinturbostang

Perfect. Just don't forget the time you spend getting ready before the flight with the camera already on.

I always choose my camera battery for ~1h of running time to save weight, but I'll usually have 2 of them and change after 30-45min actual flight time to account for this.

Camera and video goggles' batteries must be the 2 items I take the most care of when flying. The receiver can run 3hrs+, but the goggles don't exceed around 1h30 either.

I've had problems  in the past using switching regulators with RC radios.  Is there a new one somewhere that doesn't cause interference?

Me too

I use the anyvolt mini, and don't see any interference in my Easystar. Haku use it in a car,and work fine.

Edited by Vrflyer