Sign in to follow this  
arielwollinger

An Idea for the rich: motin feedback from plane.

what if you put a gyro on the plane, that sends info about the angle of the plane , back to the pilot in a motion base? eheheh pretty expensive, but would be the ultimate in tele-presence.

throw in a dual camera for stereo vision and you are set.

could this work?

p.s. I dont even own a plane, but i am thinking of making fpv for me with gyro.

Edited by arielwollinger

Not that expensive. Dual axis tilt meter, packet radio, send data over audio channel and decode with computer, use computer to overlay AHDI info onto video.

Well, it isn't expensive as long as you don't count labor.

I think he means putting the pilot on a moving platform, like in full size aircraft simulators... Indeed would cost a bit more ;)

sorry if I didn't express myself properly, but thats what I meant! for the rich guys that make fullsized simulator platforms at home for they MS flight sim, that would be great. Coupled with 2 cams for stereo vision, that would be the ultimate trill!

buy your self a R360 arcade

http://www.keinert.com/

and adapt is to the radio. that would not be impossible and I know there are a lot of guys that can do this. eheheh! trippy!

Edited by arielwollinger

and another thing I've just remembered. I saw at Siggraph last year a remote control for people, created by some crazy japanese. It worked like this. the person wears a type of earphone , that actually has some electrodes that send small electrical charges at the back of the ear that mess with the equilibrium of the person, altering its balance. I used it my self on a demo with a racing game. You could actually feel aceleration from the car during brakes and curves!! eheheh super trippy!!!

The other application was to remote control people. you put the earphone and walk straight, and a guy with the remote controller makes you turn left or right! also by messing with the equilibrium , you are forced to turn to the side he pushes in the radio, because you have a felling that you are losing your balance.

hyper trippy!

and another thing I've just remembered. I saw at Siggraph last year a remote control for people, created by some crazy japanese. It worked like this. the person wears a type of earphone , that actually has some electrodes that send small electrical charges at the back of the ear that mess with the equilibrium of the person, altering its balance. I used it my self on a demo with a racing game. You could actually feel aceleration from the car during brakes and curves!! eheheh super trippy!!!

The other application was to remote control people. you put the earphone and walk straight, and a guy with the remote controller makes you turn left or right! also by messing with the equilibrium , you are forced to turn to the side he pushes in the radio, because you have a felling that you are losing your balance.

hyper trippy!

I see that too, it was amazing, this is the future of simulator.

For myself, I want something easy to transport. you will need a moving truck if you add too much thing.

Your idea is so close to simulator, why not only use high quality sim like the microsoft flight simulator

Sure it would, but the difference is that it is REAL!

It is not VR, it is telepresence. That way you really are flying an aircraft but from the safety of the ground.

Is it possible to hook a flight joystick to the futaba radio, and map its controls to the stick?

Is it possible to hook a flight joystick to the futaba radio, and map its controls to the stick?

There is a guy on here that has done this with a steering wheel and pedals, for use with his RC car. So I'm sure a flight joystick would be possible also.

Some use a PC to read the joystick and send the info back to the R/C using a USB interface. Or, if the joystick is simple (potentiometers - might now be replaced by IR barriers on some) you could make a device that directly generates a R/C PPM signal very easily.